Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENGL stuff... who is familiar with it?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENGL stuff... who is familiar with it?...

[ QUOTE ]
    ive been thinking about the 2bye twelve idea, but i dunnno man. 100 watts in a dorm room seems kinda overkill

[/ QUOTE ]Get a Hot Plate... if you get rid of that amp you may not find one that sounds the same later. Amps have personalities and you might chase that amp for the rest of your life. Unless you have to unload it for the $...
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Owning an ENGL Fireball myself, I can say ENGL rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Brutal gain (I keep it at 11 o' clock for metal) and overall great tone, haven't heard a bad ENGL amp yet.

Comment

Hi

I think that set is little overpriced. Older Engl stuff is not that great. Maybe you should try to find newer 530 model preamp.

Comment

That Blackmore model sounds pretty cool. Anyone have one of those?

thanks,

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

ya i do it sounds great. but like i said earlier..probably gonna have to sell it..but i will wait a little longer. that hot plate idea is tempting

Comment

Joe the Blackmore is supposed to be really good I can tell you the Powerball is fantastic though
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Here's my situation, the band I'm in does a lot of different styles of music. I'll go from AC/DC right into a very clean Sheryl Crow. My TSL has 3 channels and each channel has their own gain/volume/reverb/bass/trem/mid. I'm able to tweak each channel to get the sound I like. I've noticed that most of the ENGL's while having multiple channels, they only have 1 set of gain/mid/trem ...etc... If you like more mids on your clean channel over the lead channel, do you have to once you switch to the clean channel, manually have to change your mids? Can you preset each channel and store the settings some how or are you constantly have to change things live?
                thanks,

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Here's my situation, the band I'm in does a lot of different styles of music. I'll go from AC/DC right into a very clean Sheryl Crow. My TSL has 3 channels and each channel has their own gain/volume/reverb/bass/trem/mid. I'm able to tweak each channel to get the sound I like. I've noticed that most of the ENGL's while having multiple channels, they only have 1 set of gain/mid/trem ...etc... If you like more mids on your clean channel over the lead channel, do you have to once you switch to the clean channel, manually have to change your mids? Can you preset each channel and store the settings some how or are you constantly have to change things live?
                  thanks,

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Blackmore has only one eq setting across the board but my Savage has two. One for Ch.'s 1&2, and one for Ch.'s 3&4.

Comment

now hold your horses there Lordofgain, the blackmore does only have one board across but your forgetting about the very important contour switch wich i found to add an assload of mids to your sound. so if you need more you can just switch between the two contour mods..on off... but the blackmore would be perfect for that.. it has what i believe to be the best clean channel on it ive ever heard...i can get it to sound exaclty like opeth's to rid the deisease, only down fall is no reverb...other then that i find the blackmore to be Extremely versatile.

Comment

Wow!! Those ENGL`s sound killer. Man would that be a hard choice if buying one. They all sound brutal!! Do they all use 6L6 power tubes? Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        now hold your horses there Lordofgain, the blackmore does only have one board across but your forgetting about the very important contour switch wich i found to add an assload of mids to your sound. so if you need more you can just switch between the two contour mods..on off... but the blackmore would be perfect for that.. it has what i believe to be the best clean channel on it ive ever heard...i can get it to sound exaclty like opeth's to rid the deisease, only down fall is no reverb...other then that i find the blackmore to be Extremely versatile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Poison, I am not crapping on the Blackmore in the least lol. I have heard raw clips of that amp that blew my mind! And it is listed as a 4 channel head. Also be aware that all those contour buttons and stuff are on my Savage as well.
                        Let me put it this way, I haven't heard an Engl head yet that I WASN'T impressed with.
                        No dispariging remarks were intended against these UBER amps. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Wow!! Those ENGL`s sound killer. Man would that be a hard choice if buying one. They all sound brutal!! Do they all use 6L6 power tubes? Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Savage has two big ol' 6550's [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I can`t beleive they get 120 Watts from 2 Power Tubes, how do they do that, most have 4 or more? How many Pre-Amp tubes your Savage? My favorite ENGL is the SE, but oh the price!! Jack.

Comment

ive always wanted to play a savage. I was searching for that Mega Darkane Tone a while back, wich is what i know christopher malmsteen uses..i emailed him week ago or so and he gave me a list of his gear and his settings on the new album thats comming out.. hes a great guy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]and an awsome player but im happy with what i got, im probably just gonna stick to new guitars [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The Savage only has 2? Really Powerball has 4 6L6

Anyway Jack I am not the biggest 6L6 fan but I love the powerball... As I ahve mentioned on other threads my drummer is sick loud... and I need the headrooom(hot pups)...
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X