Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENGL stuff... who is familiar with it?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENGL stuff... who is familiar with it?...

Ya, isn`t that weird, they get all of that power out of 2 power tubes and 120 watts. In fact, I don`t think the Savage has that many pre-amp tubes either, strage. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Wow, I can`t beleive they get 120 Watts from 2 Power Tubes, how do they do that, most have 4 or more? How many Pre-Amp tubes your Savage? My favorite ENGL is the SE, but oh the price!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

The power amp section is 1 ECC83 and 2 6550's, the preamp tubes are 5 ECC83's

Comment

My Savage 120 is my favorite of all the amps I've ever had. Very versatile, shit I usually get tired of amps really quick and am never happy tweaking em all the time blaming people for turning the knobs [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] But with the Savage every time I turn it on it makes me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]But I do think the power rating is a bit fabricated. I dont think 120 watts is possible out of two 6550s
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Man I cna say I am nothing short of shocked upon hearing there are only 2 valves in the Savage...I always assumed 4... WOW
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            My Savage 120 is my favorite of all the amps I've ever had. Very versatile, shit I usually get tired of amps really quick and am never happy tweaking em all the time blaming people for turning the knobs [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] But with the Savage every time I turn it on it makes me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]But I do think the power rating is a bit fabricated. I dont think 120 watts is possible out of two 6550s

[/ QUOTE ]

I am right there with you Blindmuddy!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep.I play a Powerball,very happy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The PB is tha shiznit.

Couldn't be happier with mine.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                X