Effect recommendations for ADA MP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect recommendations for ADA MP-1

<font color="yellow">I recently got a ADA MP-1 and Microtube 200 from YetAnotherOne and it is awesome [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I have finally hooked it up and have it running, made some patches, and am very satisfied with the preamp.

OK...in the rack, I have an Alesis Quadraverb II. The effects are great and super high quality, but to me, I think it is more of a "universal" effects unit meaning it isn't guitar specific, so most of the stuff you never use (gated verbs, plates, etc.).

I am thinking of replacing it with something which is guitar specific.

I have been thinking either the Rocktron Intellifex or TC Electronics G-Major/Force but I have no experience with either.

I could go to Harmony Central, but reading some of the reviews and some of their "personalities", I'd rather ask you guys to be honest [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

So, what do you think for a good, MIDI, guitar-specific effects processor in the rack to go with the MP-1.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Rocktron Intellifex
    0%
    TC Electronics G-Major
    0%

Re: Effect recommendations for ADA MP-1

Glad the stuff arrived safely Sam and I'm even more glad to hear that you're enjoying it. When I saw the thread I was going to jump in and recommend one of the old Midiverbs, after all if you're going with a rack of retro gear that'd fit right in. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] No opinion of the two you listed but I've a funny feeling that the peanut gallery is going to come out in favor of the G-Major.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I thought Quadraverb is a great unit with ADA MP1.
      I used to use that set up.
      Rocktron Intelifex is a great unit and you can find one for around or less tha $200 on E-bay.

Comment

Forgot to ask - How do you like the Microtube 200?
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

<font color="yellow">The poweramp is more than I'll ever need. I'm just a bedroom studio kinda dude now so it is perfect for me.

Here's a quick pic I did tonight of the rack:

I'm not saying that the Alesis isn't a great unit....it's great...I just don't think it is optimized for guitar and all the options we enjoy.

I don't need anything super high-end with the fridge in the back of it....just good quality effects, MIDI, programmable, editable, and easy to use (I know, I know, I'm asking for a lot [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). </font>

Comment

Boss Se-70 I got mine for $175, they go from $150-$200. Sounds great, huge range of effects, but so many parameters to adjust I still havn't gotten a real good feel for it yet. My guitar teacher/studio guy swears by his, and just bought a 2nd one for backup.

Comment

If you want cheap and good, the intellifex will do. I'm still running mine. Used, $125-225. New $400. A little harsh, and limited in scope, it is a decent unit. Has QUITE a nice multivoice chorus. Work horse. Only time mine ever went down was when a roadie plugged the output of my VHT2150 into the input of the Intellifex. Was easily fixed even though smoke came out of it. Yeesh... I have a creeping feeling that it is screwing with my tone though somehow...

BUT, if you want the coolest processor that is within a reasonable cost, the TC G-Major takes the cake. Used, $325-400. New, $450. This thing is just too friggin cool for the price. EQ, Phase, and a few other things the Intellifex just doesn't do. Quite a deep unit for the money. Next step up in quality and scope would be well over 1k and probably would be the TC G-Force! Hehe...

Comment

Listen to John...

Comment

The quad was the effect unit when those came down they work nice together. The G-Fource would be good, but since you are using old school stuff...Nuno used a ME-10 during the tour I did...( III Sides)

Comment

Working...
                  X