H&K Warp Factor or MXR Dime DD11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K Warp Factor or MXR Dime DD11?

I'm trying to decide between these two pedals. I have a Carvin SX200 and want killer rhythm chunk and also cutting lead. The Warp Factor is only $50 and the Dime is $100. They both look like good pedals... any recommendations?

thanks

Re: H&K Warp Factor or MXR Dime DD11?

Not to add confusion, but have you checked out the Line 6 Uber Metal? HERE'S A LINK with sound samples. I found "Pulz" particularly pleasing, though I think "Insane" had more of a Dime thing going on. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

warp factor is so much better than the dime. the dime is horribly tinny sounding.

Comment

Have you tried the MXR Double Distortion?

If you check the MXR site, it says the Dime Distortion has the same circuitry as the Double Distortion MXR review page . I tried the Dime Distortion and it sounds similar (different guitars/amps) to the Double Distortion.

I think I'm the only one who loves the MXR Double Shot (I have MXR Distorion+, MXR Distortion II, MXR Double Shot and a Boss Metal Zone), but give it a try.

Comment

i can't comment on the mxr dime, but the warp factor sounds like shit to me....much like the dod death metal pedal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The DOD Death Metal is good at what it was made for.... Wasn't it made to be a nifty paper weight?

Comment

i would love to trade my boss od 20 for a warp factor + some cash...lol
              i love that warp pedal!!!

Comment

yah, I finally tried a dime pedal today and it was somewhat lacking in bass. damageplan doesn't have a very bassy guitar though... the bass is in.... the bass. can't find a warp zone in town but I'm just going to order it @ $50... there is one of those double shots though, i might try that. thanks for the help

Comment

I never understood why some guitarists always crank the bass....

Comment

cause they are used to playing by theirselves.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I love the Warp Factor, it is thick and huge sounding. It works great with drop tuning if you want that sound of anvils being dropped out of airplanes.

Comment

I don't like icepick-in-the-ear highs or earbleeding mid's, that's why.

Comment

I'm with DCZX on this. That is why it took me a while to warm up to JB humbuckers. It is all amatter of taste. I remember when I saw those Warp factors go on clearance-I read the reviews and alot them were not very good.

Comment

Want a great distortion pedal? Get a ToneBone Hot British Distortion... awesome!

Comment

I like my plain old Boss distortion pedal. They are dirt cheap and very versatile. I should have bought one ten years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X