Clear All

Re: Complete the sentece...

The sp77 is (relatively) cheap.

Comment

GP-1000 BABY YA!!!!!

Comment

Dunno, I'm not at all rich, just over US poverty levels actually, and I saved up and bought a CAE3+se. It does all that with major coolness.

The Soldano sounds about right though.

Comment

Used Randall RM4 with modules.When you get some more cash and want to change your sound just buy some more Randall or Egnater modules. Visit the Randall website and listen to the sound clips. I have seen used RM4's loaded with four modules on EBAY for 500-700.
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

A Rocktron Piranha

Comment

Soldano SP77 (300-400)
              Bogner/Hafler Triple Giant (300-400)
              POD XT
              ADA MP1 0r 2

I guarentee with any of those you will be happy I personally have owned all of them I liked the triple Giant best
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Carvin Tone Navigator

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you heard one in person John? I'm curious to hear more about them. The patches on the Carvin web site are not to good.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You could always get a Tech 21 SansAmp Tri-AC pedal... three channels of either Fender, Marshall or Mesa sounds. You can program them in any order, or you can even have three different sounds of just one of those amps.

The Carvin TN also interests me, but I've not heard one yet. You could always order one, test it out for 10 days, send it back if you don't like it and get your money back.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was interested in the Tone Navigator myself until I read so many bad reviews of it — not enough gain, stale effects, useless presets. You get what you pay for, I guess. The Rocktron Prophecy is probably a better all-in-one solution (but not with that Marshall power amp Dave Mustaine uses).

He's already got a G-Major, so the effects are covered anyway. The Quad-X is nice if you can get it on the cheap (and get the original footswitch with it). Because they're out of production, some people price it like they've got the Holy Grail of tone.

Anything with the name Soldano on it is good.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

ada pod xt
                      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

You know.. I'm not fond of the ADA effects loop. I have yet to mod it. The MP1 classic loop is a improved design over the original, which I thought was kinda the tone sucker. There is a mod for it on the ADA depot.. I just have yet to get around to it. (obviously, I do not run the loop on the original..just use the internal chorus)

Comment

POD for the whole works (best cost effective choice IMHO), or Soldano SP-77 (no effects loop). The Rocktron Piranha is good. They also came out with a new version of the Gainiac which I have heard is supposed to be decent. The Sansamp PSA-1 is really cool, but I could just never find anything that totally satisfied me.

You should have just got a Flextone or Vetta 2x12!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Chris.. damage is not done yet... take a look at the classifieds section. I am looking for the 20/20 and the preamp I loved: the Peavey Tubefex... I dont know why I love that thing so much but I prefer it over sex!.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Peavey...

Comment

Peavey Rockmaster

I have nearly your identical rig:
                                VHT 2902
                                TC G-Major
                                4X12 5150 cab
                                Peavey Rockmaster with the JJ tubes.

We play 80's - current rock, including Metallica, and my rig nails it. I've compared the Rockmaster against other preamps in it's price range - ADA, Tubefex, and Hafler. The Rockmaster has more gain. The price is hard to beat too. BTW.. Although the VHT is a sweet amp, I've been thinking about a 20/20 too. I really don't need all that VHT wattage in local clubs I play at.

Comment

Working...
                                X