Ultralead opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultralead opinions

Any opinions on the ultalead with KT88's and the eq-contemplating buying one(have been for some time). Can't play them around here. Al I have played with is a classic with El34's and not for very long or volume.

Re: Ultralead opinions

Absolutely BRUTAL. Extremely versatile amp...nice cleans, I simply prefer the organic tone of EL34's, I replaced it with a 50CL which is brutal in its own way but does it acheive the same brutality???? No. I would say to get one used, I did and got ALL of my money back when I sold it.

Comment

Oh..one more thing...the EQ is mandatory, it truly makes it a six channel amp...no BS

Comment

ENGL...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh..one more thing...the EQ is mandatory, it truly makes it a six channel amp...no BS

[/ QUOTE ]I have been kicking myself fo not picking yours up.

John yea thats the other amps(s) I have been thinking about.I was talking too a bro and I was telling him I haven't heard one bad thing about them. This is an ammp that you never see for sale used and I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Comment

http://rocksolidamps.com

Has a lot of Powerball clips. I really like the Powerball sound a lot myself. Although the E570 preamp has my name on it right now, haha...

That thing is a 6L6 powered unit, and I prefer them for their clarity and non sag/non mid range honk. So maybe it is a good possibility for you. I do seee them on the bay a bit, and Derek Bernier at Rocksolid is a great guy if you decide to go new.

Comment

I agree with Tooling but I'm biased as I have a 50 CL/EQ. I also agree that if you get a VHT get the EQ version, regardless of what the people who don't have the option on THEIR's tell ya [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

VHT stuff kills, although I'm not into the modern metal tones, the 50 CL/EQ with the VHT 4x12 with P50E's can be deadly if you so choose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yea see I have only played a vht without the eq. But a built footsitchable eq is a nice tone shaping tool.

Comment

sorry for OT: what's more aggressive and sounds better for metal ? Ubershall or VHT UL ?

Comment

I have not played a Uberschall but by all accounts it's bruatality is second to none....it's supposedly a one trick pony but the right trick. The VHT is IMHO actually more versatile than my XTC which aint exactly shabby in its own right. The XTC has TONS of versatility but all basically around the same general ,"Marshall Tone". The VHT is capable of sounding so drastically different on the same channel/setting w/ EQ engaged/disengaged. The VHT's are a more modern articulate sounding amp but the 50CL w/ EL34's adds just enough of the ,"Marshall", flavor to make it an amp I enjoy. The UL being based on 6L6/KT88's is just not my base tone.....I simply like EL34's. In a band situation the VHT UL loaded w/ KT88's cannot be described with words....stunning is the word I would use. Seriously guys at approximately $1800.00 bills used the UL is quite a choice. As a point of reference, listen to the intro of the song, "When", by Megadeth.....absolutely SPOT ON clean channel of the UL....KILLER amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      sorry for OT: what's more aggressive and sounds better for metal ? Ubershall or VHT UL ?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      someone on the board has both these amps and he said he uses the uber for rhythm and the vht for lead. They both are best at that. I have an engl fireball and its extremely kick ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ENGL...

[/ QUOTE ]

+2! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X