univalve opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• univalve opinions

anyone have any info on the thd univalve amps. if you have played with one give a review please.im thinking about buying one.

Re: univalve opinions

I have heard them and I drool over the sound... I would really buy one if I had the money. It is just a very nice low-watt, low-gain little head.

Comment

http://www.univalve.net/forums/

Comment

I think Pete had one. He enjoyed it if I remember right, but I don't know if he still has it or not.

Comment

I had one, but like most tube amps I've owned, it didn't stick around real long. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Cons for the Uni were lack of an FX loop, one channel (the two inputs can only be used one at a time) and limited EQ. Also fairly low gain, but you can get decent sustain with one cranked. For Metal, forget it - for Led Zep covers, perfect.

Pros are great tone, Louder than you think (giggable levels depending on your drummer and if you don't need a clean sound), some of THE best support in the business, and the perfect size - easily carried one handed. Also fun to swap tubes around in.

I may have some clips around here... if I do, I'll post em if you want.

Pete

Comment

pete hows that hellcat coming along

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              anyone have any info on the thd univalve amps.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I think Jimmy B. also has one of these.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X