peavey cab-should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey cab-should i buy?

at this pawn shop they have a peavey 2X12 cab that is like a 4X12 slant cut vertically in half. they were asking $115 but i havent ever seen one of these before and was thinking about offering them $80-90. it won't be my main amp, i just want something to go with my classic power amp and gainiac to play around with in the bedroom. anyone have any comments or experience?

chris

Re: peavey cab-should i buy?

Pretty cheap for a 2x12. Do you know what speakers are in there?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Probably Sheffields, or even if Eminence, for $115 its a good deal. If you don't like it you can get your money back, I've seen several on Ebay go for that much or more. I'd plug something into it to make sure the speakers aren't blown before buying it though.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's a good price for the upright 212 cab, and they usually sound pretty nice. I have a Sheffield 212M cab for recording, and it's worked out great.
        sigpic

Comment

well i might buy it but i gotta see what kind of purchases i make this week. i guess if i end up needing some cash i could put it up here or on ebay. and ill definitely be pluggin that beeotch in before i drop the cheese on it. thanks for the response guys! if i dont grab it anyone else want it?

Comment

Maybe!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If I didn't already have 2 of the Carvin version I'd jump on it! They are really handy if you're playing somewhere with little room but still want a sealed-back sound.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X