Effects suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects suggestion

The only effects that I have now are a very that came with my amp (chorus, flange, delay, chorus/delay). I am looking to add some effects and wanted to know why people preferred stomp boxes as opposed to a processor such as an PODxt Live.

Stomp boxes are simplistic; on or off. Where as you can combine multiple effects with a processor. My main question is should I gear up to buy an processor (since I do not have any stomp boxes) or purchase a few stomp boxes that I think I need.

Also, a friend of mine had a Boss GT-6 and his main issue with it was that every settings seemed to change the way his amp sounds, not just color it with effects. Does the PODxt Live do this was well? This is all for personal amusement as in that I am not playing live.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Re: Effects suggestion

I think the POD XT live is a really good option for you. You will find A LOT in there... you would have to spend thousands of dollars in stomp boxes before you hear a sound that can come close to the POD... there is just a lot to explore/learn from in there.

Comment

if you don´t play live, go and buy some stompboxes you think you´ll need.
      at home i use a mxr phase 90, ibanez flanger and a chorus stompbox, but live i use a g-major multieffect-processor.
      why?
      in live situations i need a quick change of effects, so i step on the behringer FCB1010 and my sound changes from preset X to preset Y. very easy and very quick.
      when i practice and play at home, i don´t need those quick changes. i have more time to change the sound-setup of the stompboxes.

Comment

I vote for Single Effects.

I had a Boss ME-50 for about a year. At the end of that year, I was completely fed up with Boss's digita-tality. They DO change your sound! even with all the effects turned off, it had nasty signal loading, the tone of my amp was really gross when everything was bypassed.

Ive gotten to the point that I hate effects processors (as well as ANY Boss single pedals). Ive sold my ME-50 on ebay, and now im building my single pedal collection.

IMO, single pedals not only sound more natural and real, but there is more flexibility, since you can physically place your distortion behind the flanger, or in front, and your rig has extreme flexibilty, even if it isn't at the touch of a button. If you have a bunch of stompboxes, you can mash them all on if you wanted to, but like on my ME-50, you could only select 1 Distortion, 1 Modulation, and 1 Delay at any time. I Hated that limitation.

Its up to you.

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. Sounds like need both. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          But I will probably invest in stomp boxes initially and see if that is what I am lookig for. Afterall, I did buy a Marshall b/c that's the sounds that I wanted.

Also, isn't the POXxt Live the exact same effects that comes on the Vetta 2?

Thanks again guys, you have been very helpful to me.

Comment

I really hate pedals. They are very noisy and you dont have near as much as controll over the paremeters of the effect as with a rack unit. If money isnt an issue go out and buy the tc electronics g force. If you dont want to spend that much get one of the lower line models. I think you will still have a better quality effect and better controll over the effects than any stomp box.

Comment

If you are in a band and play gigs regularly, a processor will give you the ability to have the presets you need for different songs-example, patch 1 for "XYZ" rhythm and 2 for "XYZ" lead, then 3 for "ABC" rhythm and so on. However, you will need to take the time to set up all the effects on certain patches and so on. If you want to be able to decide to kick on some chorus or flange at any time, stomp boxes will be a little easier, IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X