X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my preamp

Just got this:

Peavey Preamp

I am pretty happy with that purchase as I had one in the past and I know I love it... it nails the brown sound better than anything I have heard.

I am still looking for the 20/20. People treat me like an alien when I try to buy from them because I am in Colombia... it doesnt matter my good feedback/reputation and that I have a US address for the shipping (no overseas).

Re: Just bought my preamp

Sweet I believe each of our styles demands our own amp congrats~~~
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

cool deal.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I actually negotiated it off ebay for US$250 shipped...

Comment

Jeeze.. being from Columbia I'm surprised nobody has offered you a 20/20 if you can get your hands on some cash crop in exchange. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tubefex is nice. I almost bought it new when it came out years ago but went I with the Rockmaster. Tubefex was an improvement to the Profex. I'm curious why you chose the Tubefex when you already own superior EFX with the G-Major?

Comment

Glad you found what you wanted Rodrigo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Got you PM, and just figured I'd respond here. Congrats!

What's next on the list?

Comment

Catzo: The rack mentioned in that thread about the preamp was based on my plans for buying in the next few months. I dont have a G-major yet but I will be getting one soon. I got this unit because you can put the effects loop anywhere in the chain if you want so you can basically pull out anything you like from this and leave out anything you dont. I guess eventually my reverbs and delays will come from the TC electronics.

Cleve: Well, I will be working on building that 2x12 cab loaded with the Celestions I got from Avatar. I will actually build something I will call a Combo-rack which is basically a big cabinet which will hold my speakers and and rack units. I am about to buy the 20/20 now but I dont want to say much about it yet. I guess the next step may be a BBE sonic maximizer just to reproduce the rack I had in Vancouver... maybe an mp-1 just to follow the stream a bit (but I dont like that unit too much because its noisy). I will have to get setup for recording again, which will imply getting a nice mic and a little mixer. I already have an M-Audio sound card so I guess that will be it.

Comment

Ah, I will also need a drum machine or something to replace it. Also, I will have to make a huge library of backing tracks!... I guess at that point I will have to mail backing track master Newc.

Comment

Working...
                X