Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best noice reduction rack on the market today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best noice reduction rack on the market today?

what do you guys think?I just ordered a hush super c.I feel this is the best one on the market that doesn't really affect your tone.I had one in the past and never needed it so I got coaxed into selling it knowing I may need it one day.I just moved to a new practice space and my gear ain't liking it all my guitars and cords are now noisy.So before I start breaking stuff I needed to get a new one.but it's never to late to return it.Anyone?
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: best noice reduction rack on the market today?

I think they work great, but only post-gain. If you put one before your preamp, it bleeds off highs faster than a 500K tone pot. Set it as low as possible, and put it as the last thing in your amps effect loop. I absolutely love what mine does for the background hum.

Comment

yeah that is the only thing that will be running other than my tuner so I figured I would run it thru the effects loop If I have any problems with it I'll pm you If thats okay thanks

Comment

i had a Hush Super C for a while and it really helped the 5150. until one day I walk into our practice hall and the damn thing fell off the amp... connector and Plug in for the Transformer/powersupply was all Twisted and bent out of shape.. i was pissed. but then i bought THe old Version of the Hush Pedal. it has Two channels of noise reduction wich i find extremely useful especially when switching to a clean channel. and in the end i find that the old pedal leaves your tone Clearer then the The rack unit did. They are kind of expensive to buy used..and you dont see them very often . there about 80 bucks plus of course shipping...But i think there well worth it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i had a Hush Super C for a while and it really helped the 5150. until one day I walk into our practice hall and the damn thing fell off the amp... connector and Plug in for the Transformer/powersupply was all Twisted and bent out of shape.. i was pissed. but then i bought THe old Version of the Hush Pedal. it has Two channels of noise reduction wich i find extremely useful especially when switching to a clean channel. and in the end i find that the old pedal leaves your tone Clearer then the The rack unit did. They are kind of expensive to buy used..and you dont see them very often . there about 80 bucks plus of course shipping...But i think there well worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be VERY careful when buying the Hush pedal. The 'new' Hush pedal (one dial) is absolutely terrible. It destroys your tone and adds a ton of white noise.

Comment

i know the kew pedal sucks.... im talkin about the OLD PEDAL. "TWo CHANNEL"..DONT GET THE NEW ONE!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i know the kew pedal sucks.... im talkin about the OLD PEDAL. "TWo CHANNEL"..DONT GET THE NEW ONE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, yep... The right one to get has two footswitches and two knobs on it, whereas the wrong one is one switch and one knob. I've always wanted one of the two footswitch ones.

Comment

how about isp decimator ? some people say they are better than hush ? true or bs ?

Comment

I guess this post isn't as worthy as I thought? thanks to all you guys who responded. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

is the boss ns-2 not even worthy of mention here?
                    how is it compared to these 2?

Comment

Yeah, I've got the old two-button foot pedal model. I always loved the Rocktron "feature" of reversing the in/out jacks from the standard pedal design.

Comment

isn't some of the guys that worked on the hush created the decimator?

Comment

ISP Decimator is way better than the Hush IMHO, It doesn't have that weird cut off like the Hush can get, and I noticed sometimes with the Hush when I tried to sustain notes it just kind of killed them. The Decimator doesn't have this problem, It costs a bit more bur worth it.

Comment

how much are those in us ? i don't think there's and european dealer right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              how much are those in us ? i don't think there's and european dealer right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]the rocktron is about $150.00

Comment

Working...
                              X