Dual Rec: Clean channel assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Rec: Clean channel assistance

I know the Dual Rec is not *for* cleans, but does anybody have any suggestions about getting decent cleans? I am using through the 4X12 recto cab (V30's). Rack is Furman, then Korg tuner, then Sonic Max 482i. Nothing in the effects loop but the BBE. Welcoming effects advise.

Clean channel ...sounds....like...baked ass. I appreciate your help and advise (excluding new amp. heh)

Re: Dual Rec: Clean channel assistance

I like to run all the eq stuff around 2 oclock, the presence in between 10 and 11 oclock, and you can adjust the gain and volume to your taste.

Comment

turn the treb and pres off and the bass and mids full.

use gain and vulome to taste
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        turn the treb and pres off and the bass and mids full.

use gain and vulome to taste

[/ QUOTE ]

CLEAN, reb, NOT distortion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mh...first of all, set the gain as low as possible, and make up for the volume loss with the channel volume. from there on it depends whether you like a bright glassy or a rather warm jazzy sound....i always go for a glassy one, thats why i'd recommend something like this
        treble 6-8 (depends on your pickups)
        mids around 2
        bass 5-6 (to get some punch back in)
        presence very high...around 8....imo it adds an impression of headroom and a certain 3D quality

greets
        fragle

Comment

That's Reb's settings for EVERY amp.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

As always, I thank you all for chiming in. I will experiment. (and then go back to channel 3 and annihilate)

Comment

That's interesting, you know how the amp is three channels. I guess that like 3 is over the top because of the presence control, but I stick around on channel 2, it's just so awesome :P My clean sounds pretty sweet, but honestly, I can't remember my settings. I took a piece of graph paper, drew my knobs, and taped it on the back metal piece that goes across the back of my amplifier, so I know what settings I like, and then i usually use something different because every bar I play in is different, and so is the house, et cetera, et cetera.

Seriously my settings are
                Clean-
                Gain (around noon)-I play at a high volume, and this STILL keeps it CLEAN WITH NO BREAKING UP in my neck or neck/bridge position. In the bridge position, you show me any amp, and I'll make it distort, since I use super hot bridge pickups.
                Volume-to taste
                Presence- again, this is to taste, but I keep it from noon to 2 o'clock for a bell like tonality.

Bass about 1-2 o'clock (this changes slightly depending on the guitar I'm using).
                treble, noon-2. That also changes depending on the room, and the guitar.
                Mid around 11 o'clock, and changes slightly with the guitar.

My dirty sounds are

Channel 2

Gain 1-2 O'clock, I can get more gain, but I find in the cover band I play in now, I don't need more gain.
                Presence, 1-2 O'clock
                Bass and Treble around 1, mids around 11-noon.

The third channel, I've got eqed for an over the top gain sound, with thumping lows, just enough sizzle on the high, and I don't want to say a mid cut, not a mid boost, I just keep it so I rip through the mix.

I use the modern settings on channels 2 and 3, and the setting that is just clean on my clean channel.

these settings change WITH the bar I play in, or the cabinet I play in. If I use these settings with my Marshall 4x12s, they are WAY to bright, but then I plug them into my 2x12 with vintage 30s, it's just right.

Another thing I do, and I don't know if anyone else does, is I turn the FX loop on. even with no effects in it, I do it so I can get a master volume, by using the loop volume on the front of the amp. I've been trying to get out of this practice, but I've just not gotten around to it :P

Comment

I just went to Mesa's site, and asside from me using Channel 2 as my "Main" channel for modern (they say use channel 2 for vintage, but **** them, what do they know :P )
                  my settings are damn close to the "books recomended personal settings")

I'm going ot have to piss with channel 3 tomorrow.

Comment

those settings work for both clean and dist. on most amps. not all. recto's and marshall it works great. older boogies - not as good.

the mids make up for all the high end lost in the treb and pres knob being off. and there are plenty of highs in the mid knob.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      That's Reb's settings for EVERY amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking exactly the same thing...

How ya doin', Johnny? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                      X