Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with experience with the Sustaniac system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with experience with the Sustaniac system?

Hello folks:

Has anyone here had any experience with the Sustaniac system? I'm not referring to the Fernandez Sustainer system or any system already preinstalled on a guitar, but the system you can purchase from the Sustaniac company. I have been thinking about adding one to my GMW, so any opinions or experiences on this system will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Anyone with experience with the Sustaniac system?

I bought one from the booth at Summer NAMM last year, and they're like any other neato accessory - good for tricks and stuff, but most people would probably have a hard time finding them really useful.
    I mean, it's neat and all, and aside from doing volume swells or one-handed violinish passages, they're best suited for a totally crappy guitar that has absolutely no sustain on its own.
    I dunno - what does Phil Collen use his for? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I may reinstall mine, as there's a few tricks I'd like to try that I didn't think of when I had it installed, but I ain't in a hurry.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just have experience with the one installed on the PC-1, and back in the day, had one on my old fender. It was the one where you had to run a cable to the guitar - what a pain in the (_!_).
      And as Newc stated... it is cool for effect, but I rarely, if ever, use it.

Comment

It's all in the style of music you play. I really love using the Ebow and some reverb and delay for texture...it can make an otherwise stock sounding melody sound totally original and unique. Check out some stuff by Daniel Ash, the Edge, or The Bending by Hopesfall to see what I'm talking about. Another cool trick is to simulate backwards guitar tracks.

Comment

I know on the PC-1 it will brighten your clean sound, regardless of what pickup you are using b/c it has to activate the sustainer/driver. Example if you play the bridge hum, it will sound brighter b/c you have another neck pickup intensifying the sounds; hence makes it brighter.

And of course the obvious uses for it.

Comment

what i don't like is that when on, only the bridge pup works. it has to be off to use the neck pup. i understand how and why it is this way. but damn, i want sustain with the sound of the neck bucker!
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Phil Collen uses his alot. As an example take a look at the Euphoria Tour Live in Japan video. The Jackson PC1 is a 18 volt system vs. the later is a 9 volt. I haven't played a Sustainiac system, but the PC1 Sustainer really rips. The whole guitar vibrates when you turn in up high. Awesome.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'd try and Ebow first, that might work. I agree with the others, it's cool at first but after you use it a little while it gets old. I wouldn't want to have to replace any of my pickups to put one in, that's why I suggest the Ebow. Plus you can use the Ebow on other guitars as well, so your not so limited.

If your guitar doesn't have as much sustain as you'd like, I would look for another guitar that does. There are too many great guitars out there that will sustain for days!

Comment

Working...
                X