Need an Amp Tech in Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Amp Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I just got an older Peavey Classic 100 Tweed head on ebay and it was not working on arrival last night. Took it to a friend who looked through it and found the fan needs to be replaced and also the front light is good but not lighting up. Two of the three preamp tubes (12ax7a) glow when turned on, but one doesn't. The power amp tubes (eight 6BQ5) don't glow at all. All the fuses are good.
    Here is the completed ebay auction;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=3778958180

This is the first tube amp I've had since moving to Phoenix and I don't know of any good amp techs in the area. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

Re: Need an Amp Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I've been pleased with Bronson Guitar Works (5th Avenue and about 68th Street in Scottsdale). John has a very good amp tech. The only downside is that it will take awhile. I've also heard good things about Field Services (not sure where they are, but look under speaker services in the yellow pages...I want to say they're about 24th St. and Thomas) and Arizona Noteworks (18th and Bell?), though I've not used either of them.

I hate to say this, but I wasn't thrilled with Tony Krank's work.

Comment

No, stay far away from Toni Krank.
      Field Services is, I think, 24th and McDowell, right across from M.E.E.

I'm waiting to hear from Todd Staples. He knows a guy in Phoenix that seems to do good work, decent turn-around, and isn't afraid to get crazy trying things.

There is a SERIOUS lack of amp techs in Phoenix. If you know of a good one, then...hot damn! Stop looking!

Comment

CrazyTrain, I may have another lead for you:

Ye Auld Repair Shop
        808 E. Indian School Road Suite B
        Phoenix
        (602) 212-9797

I just made my first visit there and came away very impressed.

Comment

Ihave a Amp tech here in Phoenix. He is also the tech at Ye Auld repair Shop, so try that...... Hes a little backed up, but very much worth the wait, and tell him Todd Sent ya...
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Ya know, after thinking about it,,,,,,,, shoot me a PM and Ill give you the Techs Home Phone number. (Itll be Cheaper...)
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
            X