Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great luck on ebay: Mesa boogie trem-o-verb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great luck on ebay: Mesa boogie trem-o-verb!

Well, I took everybodies advice from the JCM 800 thread and scored a KILLER Mesa Boogie trem-o-verb on eBay today. I'd been stalking these for a while, and the best part is, the guy lives only 30 minutes from my home so I should be able to go and pick it up!

I read Jgcable's post on his trem-o-verb and am now damned excited. Can anybody recommend me some settings for my new prize? Is there anything I should know about these mesa's ?

Re: Great luck on ebay: Mesa boogie trem-o-verb!

You just scored the best Rectifier on the planet. Prepare to get BLOWN AWAY. Settings???? Heck, close your eyes and turn the dials anyway you want. It sounds good no matter what.

Comment

Alex, from your home....you mean SoCal or NoCal?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Norcal, but soon it shal be in SoCal.

Comment

Sweet deal on a great discontinued amp!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I've always wanted one of those. Tremolo is my favorite effect besides wah.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, this had got to be my most satisfying eBay transaction of all time. The seller just called me and is very friendly and quite willing to drop it off at my place!

Comment

great score, whilst I don't think the tremoverb is the best Mesa, (mine is :P) it's a damn nice amp, recto tone, with reverb to boot!

Comment

congratulatuions Alex! Let us know how you like it when you get it...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sorry, but I have to pick someones brain instead of going to HC for myself..was the Trem o verb a single recto or a Dual? I've heard they are nice amps...so congrats.

Comment

They are duals IIRC, I was going to buy one, but this sentence from the store guy sold me

"just buy the damn triple" and he walks away. Then I played it and liked it...LOUDER GOODER BETTER FASTER LOUDER LOUDER!

no seriously, it's a sweet amp, and you're going to shoot a nut everytime you play it.

Comment

Alright, something that dawned on me, with my old rack that I amp replacing with this mesa, I could pull out the poweramp, and just run the pre into an old bass combo I have when I wanted to practice. I don't think that will be an option anymore though.

So should I look into getting a hotplate for the mesa? or should I just buy something like roland cube?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Alright, something that dawned on me, with my old rack that I amp replacing with this mesa, I could pull out the poweramp, and just run the pre into an old bass combo I have when I wanted to practice. I don't think that will be an option anymore though.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        You can run the preamp out of the Mesa (effects loop send) into either the input of the bass combo amp or to the effects return on the bass combo (if there is a loop on the bass amp). If there's no loop and you go straight into the bass amp input, then you'll be able to use both eq sections of the Mesa and the bass amp.

Comment

Or if I didn't understand your question correctly and you want to use a separate preamp into your Mesa, then the preamp will go into the Mesa's effects return.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            They are duals IIRC, I was going to buy one, but this sentence from the store guy sold me

"just buy the damn triple" and he walks away. Then I played it and liked it...LOUDER GOODER BETTER FASTER LOUDER LOUDER!

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the same guy who thought he was buying a PRS Custom and was sold a CE instead, and never noticed the difference in neck attachment... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X