Bought a POD xt today...please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a POD xt today...please help!

so i picked up a new POD xt for $225 today, not a bad deal. Right now i'm connecting it to PC's line in and the output is my usual mini Hi-Fi, which the sound quality isnt very nice (some fuzz at high gain...cant play at high volumes). But when i record it with cooledit, the sound is magnificent!!! I've been tweaking knobs the whole day, yep, and i already found some cool metal sounds.
    There's one problem tho...i can use the guitar port program to edit the tone, or load customtones from line6 forum. The line 6 monkey is also able to detect my podxt through USB. However, the Line 6 Edit displays "your podxt has stopped responding, try resetting...blahblah".....anyone knows how to solve this?

anyways, podxt users please kindly share some cool metal patches here!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Bought a POD xt today...please help!

The part about it coming out all fuzzy / terrible sounding with high gain tones. If you're using windows, go into your "Volume Control" program (usually in programs -> accessories -> Entertainment) and try lowering your "Line In" volume in the "Playback" section. And then from there turn up your speakers volume to compensate.

As far as the other bit goes, I'd try going to the "Channel 6" forums instead because you might get some more information about the problem that way.

For some great metal patches, check out "The Hotplate" on http://www.metallabs.com/ The guy "Gorilla" on the forum has some excellent metal patches posted there. He's created some pretty good sounding patches, trying to replicate bands like Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Carcass, Kataklysm, Misery Index, Immortal, Arch Enemy, Dream Theater and many others...

Comment

try vettaville.com
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Thanks alot for the sites. Gorilla makes awesome patches!!
        i'm interested to know how you guys use the pod xt in your gear chain. also...should i get all 3 model packs?? metal pack for sure..but it seems 3 for the price of 2 is a great deal too...

Comment

Working...
        X