Here is mine.

Comment

Re: Pics of all your killer rigs...

Amp...

Guitars....

Bass rig...

Comment

Shawn, we are nearly identical...dump that VHT and get an SLO! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Wow, there are definitely a lot of killer rigs out there...

(edited because my original post sounded really sarcastic / negative)

Comment

Dang, Bret.....SLO, XTC, IIC+ & Marshall. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

heres mine:

and the axes:

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Shawn, we are nearly identical...dump that VHT and get an SLO! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well Bret I really like the VHT so I don't think I could dump her [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I do want a SLO though. I need to figure out my tax situation before I acquire more stuff. I've been procrastinating on that.

Nice set up you have there, I love the road worn Marshall cab you have.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Here is my new amp I just got.
                  15watt Behringer... loud enough to make my wife go mad.
                  I have a 5150 4x12 cab too.

I am shopping a new amp head and hope to buy one soon.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You should crack open the back and rig it up to the 4x12.

Comment

I was thinking about that only if I know how to connect it with my 4x12.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      It will look funny though.

Cool thing is it has CD Input and headphone which I never had with my other amps that costed me $1000-2000.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

You just open it up, and hopefully it runs off the same ohms that your cab can run.

just unhook the wires to the speakers, and put the + to the tip of an input jack, and the - to the shaft, plug it in, and crank it up.

Comment

Here it is, w/o FX - Marshall Lead 12, Marshall JCM800 4010 Combo, Fender Gold Elite Strat, Washburn J6, Jackson USA Lightning Fusion, MIM Fende Jazz Bass, and the latest addition as of 3:38pm yesterday.... RR0418!

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

FX not shown are EVH Phase 90, Boss SD-1, JGCable Modded Ibanez TS-5 (This thing is great!- Better than the SD-1 for sure!), and a Morley NSW Wah with some cheap-o pedalboard.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Shawn that cab is a '74 and it rocks! I love the vibe and the tone.

I had a very Pitbull for a spell but never really attached to it. The SLO pushed it out the door and the Bogner really nailed the coffin shut on ever getting another one.

Just for the sake of conversation, what do you find the Pitbull does that the Bogner does not? They are so similar in layout and features but I feel the tones are worlds apart. Give me the tone report!

Fritz, my MkII was never converted to "+" if you can believe that. There are fewer IIC amps than IIC+ as most were built as "+" amps or converted later (so said Mike Bendinelli). I spoke with Mike for a long time about that amp and he basically said if I don't use the effects loop (which I don't) and like the tone of the amp don't f- with it. It is a $250 conversion and about $150 in shipping costs so I am going to let it be.

BTW, I left one amp out of my pic...my giant killer GK250ML. The lunchbox rules but lives a quiet life on my workbench! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Bret, I'm not one to be very articulate when describing tonal differences between different amps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Everybody takes in tone differently to their ears and I hate when one person reviews something and everyone takes it as gospel. I always have to make my own assumptions of things, their my ears and my gear, no stock in somebody doing an HC review of an amp that they played for 5 minutes at guitar center [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also don’t know all the popular buzzwords associated with the lingo but I’ll give it a shot.

The VHT I have is a 96 50 CL, right off the bat it can’t do clean like the Bogner Green Channel. Basically no clean whatsoever on the VHT; both channels are voiced a lot a like to my ears. The VHT has a distinctive distortion, it does the brown sound great, plug in with a guitar in Eb and your brain automatically tells you hands to start playing early Van Halen. It has a tighter, percussive type of attack than the Ecstasy. Even with a lot of gain the single notes ring out and are heard clear. It’s a good amp for your technique because screw-ups are easily heard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The longer I had these two amps the more different they become. If I had to pick only one amp, I’d go with the Bogner though mainly for versatility of the 3 channels. That amp just has a beautiful warmth to it, I go back and forth on what is my favorite channel, the blue or red channel. I hear a lot of people rave about the Plexi mode but I never use it and don’t see that as being a cool thing on it imho. If I want Marshall clear power I’ll throw the in the 6550’s, remove the Soldano hot-mod crank up the 2203. It covers a wide range of tones and is perfectly suited for my type of hard rock and metal of the 80’s and early 90’s. The VHT can do better modern metal than the XTC but I’m not into much but it is fun to have that at you disposal.

I also might add that I might have a very different take on things if I were to be playing live with a band at louder club volumes. I don’t know how they would cut through the mix in a band situation. I have a pretty good idea what they would be like but for me you have to play with a live drummer to accurately determine that.
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X