Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody use Boss GT-X and the 4 cable method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use Boss GT-X and the 4 cable method?

Like the topic says...
    I have been using this 4 cable setup with a 5150 original for about 5 months now. I think this is the ultimate setup and managed to convinced the other guitarist my band to try the same setup and he seems to like it as well...
    Then Boss comes out with the GT-8... so the second part of my question is, has anyone tried both GT-x with this config and compared?
    Opinions?
    www.quovadis.qc.ca
    www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Re: Anybody use Boss GT-X and the 4 cable method?

How does this 4 cable set up work? I have a ME-50 and a XXX.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I always wanted to try out the 4 cable thing. I just never wanted to spend the money for just an experiment. My drummers brother, for years, used the 4 cable method, currently on some Rivera combo, and he swears by it.

Comment

I just run my GT-5 directly to the effects return (or power amp direct input, if there is one). Sounds alot better than in front.
        I don't really use a lot of the functions, so I guess I have no need for the 4-cable method.
        I just like the fact that I always have my sound, no matter what amp I run into, and can boost volumes for solos and such things.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I run my ME-50 thru the loop as well but, how does this 4 cable thing work?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

The 4 cable method
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow! Thanks for that link Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I mean, I've visited that site briefly before, but there's just so much about the GT-6 that I still don't know about. I need to spend some serious time on that site learning it all. Every day I realize the GT-6 is more versatile than I imagined. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad to, man! You surpassed my "useful link postings" a while ago....gotta catch up! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I tried it with my GT6 and my Laney VH100R... sounded like crap! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's a really good idea if you can make it work though!

Cheers,
                  Steve.

Comment

I think the guys in Opeth use this method to set up their rigs.

Comment

Working...
                    X