Piggybacking cabinets? Ohm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piggybacking cabinets? Ohm question

On my Mesa 1x12 combo, it's got an 8-ohm speaker output for its Vintage 30 speaker. I've disconnected the speaker and am now using the two 4-ohm outputs for two vertical Jackson 2x12 8-ohm cabinets. I know this is fine, according to my Mesa manual, but both cabs also have another extension jack. I assume this would be for hooking out to other cabs, but can I power more cabinets off of the Jackson cabs without it messing with the ohms? My Crate 4x12 (also wired for 8-ohms) has two jacks, and I assume I could run another cabinet off of it, but I don't want to mess anything up. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Piggybacking cabinets? Ohm question

no about the jacksons. piggybacking cabs would change the ohm load. yes you could run another 8 ohm cab off your crate as long as it was into a 4 ohm speaker jack.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Re: Piggybacking cabinets? Ohm question

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X