wooohooo just got my Engl today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooohooo just got my Engl today!

After waiting for a month for Germany to ship more Engls to Derek, my Fireball got here today. This thing is really top notch. I spent about an hour already just messing around with it. the clean is even great on it. i havent mastered the art of dialing tones in yet but i havent played through an amp in a long time. this amp rules. it may not be a powerball but this thing rocks. just got to find the tones im looking for.

Re: wooohooo just got my Engl today!

Cool. Congrats. Lets see some rig pictures!

Comment

Hey I like it better then the powerball. I had a powerball and the fireball is more aggresive. Best amp I,ve played (even beats the uber) and I had 1 of those too.Congrats

Comment

well the pics might take some time. i might wait ill i get my other two Jacksons in near summer and take a picture of all my guitars and amp setup. its sitting on top of a brand new Mesa Boggie 4x12. no matter what i do to the controls i like how it sounds. very nice amp.

Comment

Well I'll be damned...it didnt get sent to Bumblefuk, Alabama.

Comment

Engl Rules! Congrats man.

Comment

Fireball user here!Congrats!Great amp! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, the Fireballs sound awesome....about how much do they go for?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dunno about the price in the states,I bought my used for 600€ in really mint condition.

Comment

Congrats!
                    I would love to see some pics of your setting.

I had a Savage120 and loved it.
                    Now I want a Powerball.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think they go for around 1150 or so now. They went up 15%since I got mine.Still a great deal.

Comment

yeah it was about the same as when I bought my single rectifier. except the Engl sounds much better and seems to be higher quality then the Mesa. at least to me it does. plus it lights up so it can be used as nightlight. lol. Its so great to be playing through an amp again. no more acoustic or unplugged electrics.

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to the ENGL Club. I also own the Fireball, and it is a tremendous amp. Great cleans and brutallity out the ass.

Comment

Oh yeah. that thing will really bite you in the ass. lol. I have to back off the gain and presence otherwise it is just too brutal. i never thought id ever say that. I need to tweak the bass a little to get it thicker and more boom to it. but there is more than enough gain and bite in this amp to do anything. I think itd be almost too easy to get a good Holy Wars midrange tone, slayer tone, old school metallica tone and I think Van Halen tone is hiding in there too. I really dig the clean too. lol. not what i bought it for but it is a big plus. And there is only like 7 nobs on it so its really easy to mess around and search for cool sounds. I dig the simple tube amps. lol. just plug in mess with the controls and play. i dont know if ill ever get a set control layout, i like to roll the gain back or mids up and play like that sometimes too. or go full out balls to the wall. great amps.

Comment

congradulations dude engls are great! sadly i just sold my blackmore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but its ok, Now i have more money for guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X