Marshall TSL 100 Head???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall TSL 100 Head???????????

I have a line on a 1 year old Marshall TSL 100 Head that was barely used and the footpedal wasn`t used at all. What are these like and what would it be worth? Any info on this model would be very much appreciated Thanks-jack.

Re: Marshall TSL 100 Head???????????

Umm, from a VHT to that??? Yer funny... hehe... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Have you even heard how bad it sounds bro? I highly doubt you will like it.

Comment

don't do it, worst mistake i made

Comment

its been my experience that the TSL sounds really...I don't know how to say it...crappy. Its just kind of harsh sounding and just....ugh.

Comment

They aren't THAT bad, they're just not that good either.

Comment

I had an hour to kill today so I went to a music store and played a Hamer double cutaway USA guitar and Jackson import Dinky through a Peavey XXX full stack and DSL full stack. The XXX has a ton of gain and it's a bit fizzy but when you play with the damping switch you get a variety of tones. For the money it's a nice amp.

The DSL...man...I played on all channels, pressed all the buttons, adjusted everything...almost no sustain and it sounded like complete mud. Maybe when cranked it's a different animal, but after 1 minute I was grimacing in disgust. I just don't like those DSLs or TSLs. Every year I try one and I like them less and less.

Get another VHT or a Cobra or a Powerball!

Comment

In one word...... YUK.

Comment

my other guitarist is using them. they actually sound rather good once you get the master past like 6 or 7....which is LOUD. he's using the crunch channel for (metal, btw) rhythm, though. i totally agree on the lead channel sounding like crap. i think his crunch settings are like bass 6 mid 5 treble 6-7 gain 6-7 tone shift and bass boost off and master pretty high.

greets
                fragle

Comment

you got to crank them. period.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My YUK comment was based on trying one at the music store at a pretty low volume. I therefore RETRACT my comment.

Comment

That was the beauty of my Single Recto - sounded great at low volume and even better cranked!! God, I miss it.....
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Voodoo Amps has a mod for them, and I've never heard anything bad about Voodoo. If the price is right and you have enough left over for the mod...

Comment

I have the TSL100 with a 1936 cab. I play 80's female covers and for what I need mine to do, it does well. The one thing I really like about the marshall is that I can adjust each channel to the tone I want. With that being said, I not 100% happy with the amp because the gain channels can sound muddy expecially when playing live at stage volume--I'll get lost in the mix. If the price is right ($700 +/-) I'd say go for it.

If what you've read above has not been enough to help you with your decision, can you better describe what your expections would be, might be easier to help you then.

Good luck

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Thanks guys. I play old Slayer-Testament and Metallica stuff. I love heavy palm muting. I prefer the 6L6 tone over EL34`s. I heard some clips of the TSL and it sounded, well very British, not very thick sounding. The one I am looking at is 1 year old, very rarely played and the Footswitch was never even used and he wants $800 Shipped. Jack.

Comment

ehh, for that cash, you might consider to invest in a used Rivera M100. 700-800 can go a long way to getting a great amp head if you are teetering on a TSL.. just MHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X