Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Is a JCM 800 not a JCM 800?

When its a Boutique Plexi [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got what appeared to be a JCM 800 at guitar center in December. It said it was "Hot Rodded", but other than that I had no information about it. It was overpriced at $800, but I liked it so much, and it was exactly what I had been looking for, so I bit the bullet and bought it.

So I took it to Slemmons www.slemmons.com and he took a look under the hood, and I had my new JJ tubes installed and rebiased.

What they found was not a JCM 800, but a fully handmade custom "booteek" Plexi, in a JCM 800 4010 combo's body.

I was thoroughly surprised by this, needless to say. I probably would have been somewhat dissapointed, but I took this thing home and its so rediculously harmonically rich, fat and smooth, that I lost all cares and I love my amp.

The JJ's sound 2x better than the Sovtek and Ruby's that where in there.

And thats my story. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: When Is a JCM 800 not a JCM 800?

good stuff. glad you love it!

Comment

thats cool man, whatever it is doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it right?

Glad you decided on Slemmons too, cool people and knows his shiot. They can do whatever mod you want as well. I was happy to find them as well because they are a couple blocks from where I work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, I had a real hard time finding it, I never really go to that part of town.

You drive from Rockwall to Downtown Dallas every day for work? Thats quite a drive.

Slemmons was nice and quick, althought they seemed rather impatient with me.

Comment

Yeah I drive in to Deep Ellum M-F [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if traffic is flowing I can make it in about an 1/2 hour, usually about 40 minutes or so, not too bad unless theres a wreck or something.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Man I miss my hometown of Fort Worth!
            Congrats on the find!
            I have a Trace modded JCM and couldn't bear to part with it ever!

Comment

Working...
            X