Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gear Help

What's up all,

I might have some cash to spare on a new rig. Here's what I run now, very simply, a Gibson Explorer through a Spider II 210. The Spider I feel is good for a first amp and practice, but I can't get "my" tone outta it, so time to open up some options with new gear. My new setup should be somewhat versitile, but I'm honestly more of a death metal person. I've been getting into blues and some jazz as of late, so I want something I can mess around with that too. I've got a budget roughly of $1000 (maybe, still workin on the school thing), so if anyone can throw some suggestions out there I'd appreciate it. I kinda like more of a screaming top end and thick distortion (think something with a good presence knob maybe?). I figure go all out for the gain and get a nice EQ to even everything out.

I was looking for a Sansamp PSA-1 rack unit with the Tech 21 power amp (300wt version) with the 2X10 cab. Then I wanted to spring for the G Major and some sort of rack parametric EQ unit (if someone could suggest one of those, I'd appreciate it too). But the only thing I know about that rack preamp is it's great for recording, I can throw down some bass through it, and the sound clips on the site sound pretty good, but I don't trust to that too much. Too many variables such as PC speakers and such to mess with the tone.

Sorry for the long post, lemme know what ya'll think.

Re: New Gear Help

Oh yah, only reason I'm askin for help is because I play in the house a lot, or my friend's house and we don't crank the amps too much. Figure if I go with that Tech 21 setup, I can use the small 210 for practice and buy the 410 later when we gig. There's where I'm undecided on what to buy. Just kinda need something for both home/practice and gigging. Thanks.

Comment

The Tech 21 Trademark 60 is a great deal and sounds great. I beleive they are around $350. Jack.

Comment

Get a Vetta combo and download the 2.0 software for it. 800 dollars and then you wont need all the processors.

Comment

Working...
        X