SD Dimebucker?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Dimebucker?????

I am going to order a CS Jackson this year, and am torn between pickups, actually just 1 pickup. I like the Duncan Distortion, EMG 81 and 85, but I am very curious as to what the SD Dimebucker is like, is it like the BL 500XL? if it is, I may just get that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Jack.

Re: SD Dimebucker?????

I've heard it was a bit darker than the BL. Honestly, between the BL and the Dimebucker, the BL is cheaper and that's what the DB is based on anyway. I've heard the two and I honestly like the BL tone a bit more. I can't really describe it that well, but the BL has a more noticable tone to it, in a good way.

Comment

BL 500XL is an awesome pickup. A bandmate of mine has one in his Ibanez RG550 and it has an awesome tone. I don't know how to describe the sound but I really like it.

Comment

Thanks guys. When you order a CS Jackson, you get to pick a SD pickup and it is included, the EMG`s are an upcharge, hmmmmmmmm, I will have to see what the charge is for a BL 500XL. What was Dime using on Comboys? Jack.

Comment

He was usin a BL on CFH. Think he used a few different models, the L500, the L500XL was the one more people know of. There shouldn't be too much of an upcharge for the BL. It's only $50 from Becky & Bill. Gotta wait a month for it appx, but it's a great & inexpensive pickup

Comment

I have a dimebucker in one of my charvels.. I actually like it a lot if a very hot meaty pickup ...

Incendetally @ NAMM Mike Shannon called me over and said I have someone I want you to meet.. Kev this is Bill Lawrence.. Bill was a very nice older gentleman who spoke broken english .. walking by him I would have never guessed who he was ...
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Be careful with the L500XL if you're getting it through Jackson.

The L500 that was original equipment in the neck position on the KV-1 Pro was a "Bill Lawrence USA" (Stew-Mac) copy. When I asked my local shop to get me a matching pickup for the bridge position, he called Jackson and they gave him Stew-Mac's number.

The Stew-Mac L500's are okay, but their manufacturing process hasn't been improved since the 70's, and their QA is inconsistent. If you get an L500, make sure you get it from Bill & Becky Lawrence.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

What is the tone difference in the bridge netween the BL 500Regular-500L and 500XL? I have all of my Specs down except the pickup. I keep thinking the EMG 81 would match the all mahogany guitar well. I have noticed there isn`t a passive yet that is as articulate, fast and as loud as my EMG 81 or 85 in the bridge, that should answer my question alone you would think [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Hey Jack~ I just bought a set of 500L and 500XL..... If you want, hold off until you move forward and I will tell you all about them when I get them in my hands and installed.

Comment

OK bro!! Please let me know how it works out. How are you installing them as in which one in the bridge? Jack.

Comment

I plan on putting the 500L in the neck and the 500Xl in the bridge. The guy I bought them from is shipping them tomorrow so I should have them middle of next week. I''' let ya know.

Comment

I really like my Dimebucker, I switched to 81's and went back to the Dimebucker. IT just had more balls to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X