Mesa Boogie Roadking?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Roadking?????????

Does anyone here have any experience with these? sounds? Does anyone here think I will like one I have a line on a used one, not even 1 year old for $2100 or best offer, is that a good price? I would forgo my Custom guitar this year if this amp is all that!! Thanks-Jack.

Re: Mesa Boogie Roadking?????????

Very versatile amps. I think someone on the forum here actually owns two of them.

I could have nabbed a Road King combo for 2100.00, but eventually passed on it due the the fact that that thing has a ton of tubes in it. Lots of $$ when it finally comes time to replace them.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

ENGL... Hehe...

Comment

Jack - They go for $2499.00 brand new, $2100.00 is a little high, maybe try for $2000.00? I've got a RK in front of me right now, it's probably THE most versatile tube amp on the market and can do anything from crystal clean to rip your face off high gain.

Matt
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help!! Cleve, I would love to buy an ENGL SE, man do they sound fantastic!! About $3300 new [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

The Road King is my absolute favorite Mesa. Does the high gain stuff like normal, but you can get so many tones out of it.

Comment

Jack, I have a roadking combo. I will get with you on PM here soon when I am more in a frame of mind to comment on it correctly But I would love to share my thoughts on it with you. Bottom line for now:RK are amazing amps.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks guys!! The guy selling the RK won`t budge from $2100 Shipped plus Paypal fees, that sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Bag it one will come up-or try getting a deal on a new one.
                  Even though some don't give deals on mesa-Thats an expensive head for you average music store to have sitting in your shop-

A year old means new power tubes- add another 150 to the price

Comment

I have seen these on E-bay usually go around $2000.
                    I once wanted one but I just couldn't spend $2000 for an amp and went to spend money for guitars..

Comment

Very versatile amp. Gets a little expensive though when it's time to re-tube but what a sound!!
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Cleve, I would love to buy an ENGL SE, man do they sound fantastic!! About $3300 new

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at a Powerball, for a lot less man. Good luck in whatever you choose though.

Comment

...Engl SE.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks bro`s!! Yes, the ENGL SE has all of the sweet ENGL sounds that I love. I think I may have tracked down a cheaper RK. I will keep ya updated. The only sad part is, if I buy the RK, my CS Jackson is out for a year or 2 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

LRG, do power tubes really burn out after 1 year? I have had them last much longer than that. Are you talking a gigged amp or? Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X