thinking of buying tubes off ebay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of buying tubes off ebay???

I went under chinese 12ax7 on ebay and 2 sellers came up. I want to get a few of the 9th generation Chinese 12ax7 to try out. what do you think of the tubes these guys are selling? Sorry I dont know how to post the ebay link. Do they look like legit Chinese 9th generation 12ax7?

Re: thinking of buying tubes off ebay???

These ones are definitely Chinese. Deal looks good and the guy has good feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

12ax7c???? That's a new one on me. It could be a new design though. They definitely look like the triple mica Chinese tubes though. Maybe they are better. I couldn't say for sure. Price looks good and great feedback though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Good. Those are the ones I bought. The c at the end just stands for Chinese. His price is almost half of what everone else is asking. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I may try those also!! I want a little more out of my pre-amp section. Do you think they be better than the JJ`s that are in my amp? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I have JJ kt88 and jj 12ax7 in my 50 watt modded jcm800 and they sound great. If I put them in my modded 100 watt jcm800 they make it sound to dark. I love the JJ tubes but it really depend what you put them in. Out of all the tubes I have tried I like the JJ and Sed ( svet)power tubes and the JJ and Chinese 9th generation preamp tubes. You really have to try a bunch of different brand out to find what you like with a certain head or rack gear.

Comment

I got stuck with some JJs 12AX7s in my Laney. Frankly, they sounded like ass. I was expecting better. There's more to this story, but I'll save that for another post.

Comment

Yea, the JJ dont sound good in every amp. When I had Mesa gear I hated them in that. It took an already dark sounding head and made it even worse. If you use Mesa I realy like the EH tubes. It all depends on the brand of gear and also what your ear likes.

Comment

If you want more out of your preamp find and RCA 7025 for the first socket. Look on eBay and find a guy with good feedback that sells a lot of tubes. Also look for the tubes that are tested. 7025's are max gain low noise military grade 12ax7's. They really will get your preamp going. You only need one for that first socket. More would be overkill.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                X