FENDER CYBER TWIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FENDER CYBER TWIN

Has anyone had a chance to demo one of these?? If so what is your impression.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Re: FENDER CYBER TWIN

Every model sounds like a Fender. The Rectifier model sounds like a Fender. The Marshall sounds like Fender. The 5150 sounds like a Fender. The Hiwatt sounds like a Fender. It does one thing REALLY good though. FENDER. The clean settings and all the Fender models are excellent. If you like Fender amps you will love it. All the Fender models are almost 100% accurate. Everything else sounds like a Fender. Let me say it a few more times. Fender. Fender. Fender. Fender. Cybertwin.. Fender Fender.

Comment

I've never played through anything but a Marshall JCM 800. I saw the Cyber Twin at Summer NAMM last year and was impressed by the different sounds that were possible. I don't know, I'm leaning towards getting one...Getting tired of lugging the 412, head and rack around.

Is there a combo out on the market that you would suggest that I look into??

Thanks again for your input.

Adrian
      All hail the 'King'
      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Why not try out a Flextone, Duoverb, or Vetta from Line 6? Better than Fender IMHO (I had their new Stage 1600 Dyna-Touch DSP series amp - nice, but not what I needed). I had a Rocktron Replitone for a while that was pretty cool, but I ended up sticking with the Flextone anyway.

Comment

You are better off with Line 6 if you want modeling.
          If you want a good combo that is similar to a JCM800 you should look at a Carvin MTS 3212

Comment

My friend used to play out with 3 combo amps, depending on his mood:
            Cyber Twin
            Marshall AVT275
            Line6 AX2 212

IMO of this lineup, the Line6 was the best one. It was the most versitle. He sold the Line6 and the Marshall to fund his latest Peavey XXX 212. He kept the Fender because of it's pristine Fender sounds with nice efx. It's a nice amp but will sound harsh and brittle when cranked as a hard rock/metal amp.

Comment

Eitehr go with the Vox or the Line 6 the Cybertwin is as John said... Good at Fender
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hey Gents, thank you for your honest feedback. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                I will demo the Line 6 and PV XXX 212.

Adrian
                All hail the 'King'
                R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Anyone used the big midi footswitch for it? I was going to get a Behringer FCB1010 but the Fender one seems a lot more rugged. Thanks.

Comment

Ok fuggers, I just bought the Peavey XXX 2-12 for $ 1K... I'm diggin it, I can't wait to pound in through my Marshall 4-12. It has some teriffic crunchy sounds!!!

Adrian!
                    All hail the 'King'
                    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

There is nothing like shopping for a modeling amp and coming home with an all tube Triple X.

Comment

Thanks again for opening my eyes. I've owned a Peavey Renown since 1984 that I use for noodling with. Can't stand the sound compaired to my JCM800. I never thought that I would buy a PV. Alas, the XXX suits my needs.

Regards,

Adrian
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Can you get any Fender sounds out of the Peavey? I'm looking at the Cyber also. I like to pull my Gretsch out once in a while and play a little Rockabilly ala Setzer's Bassman tone. My Vibrolux is pretty close, but want to find something more flexible. And yes, I'm tired of lugging my rack and 4 X 12's too.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

No, the XXX is a CRUNCHMIESTER!!!! 2-distortion channels and a super sweet clean!!!

Cyber Twin is a nice amp it is flexible. Just not what I was looking for.

Adrian
                            All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Anyone used the big midi footswitch for it? I was going to get a Behringer FCB1010 but the Fender one seems a lot more rugged. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about a big midi footswitch but I used to play with a guy that had a Fender cyber (can't remember the exact model it was a 1x12) and the crappy two-button footswitch that comes with it crapped out a couple times!
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X