My new rig, i bought it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new rig, i bought it

Heres me newlet aquired Peavey rig (with most my axes in there too), got the amp and cab separatly. you guys might remember me asking for opinions on the cab, hence the i bought it part of the title. i think i have officially taken over the computer room. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] any guesses to what it set me back?

chris

Re: My new rig, i bought it

That is an extremely powerful poweramp. I had a 50/50 and a 60/60 and I can't even fathom how loud a 120/120 is! What are you going to use it with?

Comment

The gorilla in the corner!

Damn that's a lota amp.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

ive got a gainiac thats cool for playing around, but im looking for something with a better sound. probably gonna try perfect connection, ada, maybe even one of the old chandlers. just gonna try some stuff out and see what sounds best.

chris

Comment

pod xt live baby!
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I like your Les Paul...and that's a lot coming from a superstrat guy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

those classic 120/120's kick ass nice power amp
              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Thats my (now retired, im a superstrat guy myself) '79 Gibson The Paul. First real guitar i really owned and played. its been through hardcore bands of the old school (my dad) to my thrashing it and it going through a house fire getting drenched by hoses in a gigbag, to a flooded practice space up to the bridge PU. neck finish wore off naturally and feels unreal. all original but the dimarzo(?) switch knob with almost no frets left.

chris

Comment

Wow, thats a cool Paul. Been though hell, but still plays! You should get that thing refretted and back on the front line!

I really like the RG565 too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Those are one of my favorite old Ibanez models.

Comment

dude, I had one of those years ago, that I ran an old Digitech Valve preamp into (for the life of me I can't remember it's name!)

that this is a **** PIG! they are SOOOOOO HEAVY! I got rid of it because I was scared at what would happen to my wallet when the tubes went [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That Les Paul is NICE. Right up my alley!

Comment

i think the amp weighs more than the cab......hold on.....yeah pretty sure it does!! i dont have a scale here or i would know for sure. replacing tubes will be a decent chunk of change, but the awesome thing is i got that amp for $50 and it all works for right now. Gibson The Pauls usually don't sell for too much (~$500) and the walnut is really cool, but a little heavy; i doubt youll ever find one that feels like mine though! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

Does it have a fat neck like a Studio?

Comment

its hard to say; ive been playing my ibanez almost exclusively and my model 6 neck even feels fat as hell!

chris

Comment

Working...
                            X