Peavey Encore 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Encore 65

Does anybody know anything about these? I have a couple barely functioning ones, are they worth dumping money into to get them back into shape?

Re: Peavey Encore 65

Check Harmony central they have reviews on them . I own one but never really checked it out. Bought it cheap and know it works but thats about it .

Comment

Re: Peavey Encore 65

Doc Dryer seemed to like 'em a lot. What do you mean by barely functioning? A can of contact cleaner and a set of tubes can do wonders for an old amp that sounds like crap.
      Pull the chassis and clean all the pots and jacks, and also the tube sockets while you have the tubes out, then reassemble and you might be surprised that gain and power are back, hum and noise gone or greatly reduced.
      If that doesn't bring 'em back, then how much you want to spend depends on how much you want or need 'em to work well.

They're a decent sounding mid-powered tube amp
      and like most Peavey gear will deliver good performance for a long time, but will have low resale value when that time comes. Unless you have some obviously serious malfunctions, I'd try the cleaning/retubing first; it may be all you need.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X