Shopping for a new bedroom amp-Engl screamer 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a new bedroom amp-Engl screamer 50

Do any of you guys have this combo or have played through it? The only other one I am considering is a VHT Fifty/Twelve combo at twice the cost.

Re: Shopping for a new bedroom amp-Engl screamer 50

I just saw a head version sold on E-bay for $800 BIN with the footswtch..

Comment

Re: Shopping for a new bedroom amp-Engl screamer 50

Yea, I have talked to him a couple of times via email and he seems legit. He bought it from Derek 7 months ago and is choosing to keep a dual rec head into a 2x12.
      Derek has one clip of the actual combo on his site that sounds pretty amazing so I don't know whether to just get the combo and footswitch from Derek or get the head and footswitch from the guy on the bay and have Derek send me a Genz-Benz 2x12.

Comment

Re: Shopping for a new bedroom amp-Engl screamer 5

Screamer is a great amp, sounds awesome at low levels, but isnt a gflex 212 kinda overkill for the bedroom? if its only for the bedroom I would say go for the combo and footswitch from Derek, it will still kill if you want to take it out and jam with a band...after you spend another 450 for the 212 you will end up spending about the same amount anyway...and Derek will probably throw in the shipping if you ask nicely [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

For a bedroom volume, 15watt Behringer amp will do.
          $60.
          Has 3amps,3speaker types to choose from.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            For a bedroom volume, 15watt Behringer amp will do.
            $60.
            Has 3amps,3speaker types to choose from.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know... any number of modelers will work for the bedroom and there in lies the problem.
            They don't sound right.
            I have a Vetta combo right now.
            I started tweaking again last night, maybe I am just tired of my patches or something!?!?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Screamer is a great amp, sounds awesome at low levels, but isnt a gflex 212 kinda overkill for the bedroom? if its only for the bedroom I would say go for the combo and footswitch from Derek, it will still kill if you want to take it out and jam with a band...after you spend another 450 for the 212 you will end up spending about the same amount anyway...and Derek will probably throw in the shipping if you ask nicely [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is overkill! But it sure would sound purty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

May I suggest a Peavey Ultra 1x12 combo. Clean-Crunch and Ultra channels and it has Reverb and that cool feature the resonance switch for Tight-Medium and Loose Res. Very versitile amp. 2 -6L6 and 4 -12AX7 tubes. Effects loop. Boost switches and bright switch for clean. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yes it is overkill! But it sure would sound purty! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if overkill and purty sounding is what you are looking for, get a fireball and 212 glfex, you wont regret it!
                  [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                    X