Check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out

Alas..My quest for THUNDER has come to stand still, how you say? well just take a gander at my 5150

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...m/IMG_0150.jpg

No buzz, No Brittle, just Power... This thing seems like its twice as loud as it used to be, with An incredible amount of Low end..I recomend everyone go to Eurotubes and check it out...I LOVE MY 5150, everyone Going to powerballs needs to relax and jUst slap some Kt88 in the good old 5150's outside sockets, and put on your seatbelts. Powerballs Pshh.... they may be thick and Tight..but this thing Is BRUTAL.

Re: Check this out

Sweet. I think I will have to try that combo when I throw some new tubes in my 5150

Comment

I'm about to get a couple KT88s for my Marshall 4210.

Nice thread title [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have kt88s in my modded marshall and they are incredible. The amount of bottom end you get from them is insane.

Comment

Insane is a very good way to describe the low end, I only have the post gain up to about 3, and it causes an earthquake..

Comment

so...how fast do you want your transformer to blow out?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Powerballs Pshh.... they may be thick and Tight..but this thing Is BRUTAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,actually powerballs are thick,tight AND brutal! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well,actually powerballs are thick,tight AND brutal! [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+ 1
                [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] FUCK YEAH!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well after all that buildup.....CLIPS!

Comment

hey Metal Grasshopper ..what do you mean with Transformer blow out, i dunno shit about amps, but im pretty sure those big Honkin square shapped thingies are the transformers? right? but...I dont have the tubed biased hot or anything, still running cold as ice, do i still risk..MELTDOWN? I probably should have consulted some Amp Gurus before i purchased..But i wanted to Suprise Everyone!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] if im gonna end up just Wrecking my amp i will take them out, even though its really kicking some ass right now. I KNEW THERE WOULD BE CONSIQUENCE'S TO SUCH POWER!!! Oh well, Let me now if ive broken any omega laws of AMPDUM.

Comment

fukk powerball. tsia.

This unleases the fury of the necronomicon. Klatu Verata Niktu!

Comment

From what I've heard and gathered from talking to trace at voodooamps, your power transformer...yes the big ass block you see in the back... is designed to handle a specific amt. of power that is specific to the tubes the amp was designed for (then comes the issue of biasing it), but generally if your amp can handle EL34s/KT88s, it can run with 6L6s. I'm not sure about the other way around though.

Comment

so far so good.

Comment

if i remember right the KT88's require more current which will cause the transformers to work harder and burn them out.

Comment

well tell me how much replacment transformers cost. cause with the tone im getting chances are i would be willing to fork some cash over once every three months

Comment

Working...
                              X