Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Dual Recto users- Post your settings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Dual Recto users- Post your settings!

I just fired up my brand new Mesa Trem-o-verb today and WOW. It is GREAT sounding. Can someone recommend me a few settings to try out? I was told that the classic mesa sound came from maxed bass and mids with no highs. So far, the thing sounds great, except for when I scooped the mids, then it sounded like ass.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Dual Recto users- Post your settings!

On the gain channel, I like to set the gain around 3 oclock, bass, middle, and treble around 2 oclock, with slightly more mids than bass, and slightly more treble than mids, and the presence in between 10 and 11 oclock. Adjust the volume to taste and leave it on the "modern" setting.

Comment

Clean:
      Presence - 3 o'clock
      Bass - 2 o'clock
      Mid - 3 o'clock
      Treble 1 o'clock
      Gain - 10 o'clock

Gain:
      Presence - 2 o'clock
      Bass - 2 o'clock
      Mid - 10 o'clock
      Treble 12 o'clock
      Gain - 2 o'clock
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I may be in the minority here, but the best setting I have found with practically any Boogie is the power switch set to the "Off" position...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I may be in the minority here, but the best setting I have found with practically any Boogie is the power switch set to the "Off" position...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can already tell you that you are wrong. This boogie blows AWAY not only my Peavey 5150, the peavey rack I had, and the Studio .22. I havn't been able to put that much time in it yet, but I love it already.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why post that here? Everyone has a right to there own opinion, but posting that in this thread can only be for the purpose of starting trouble.

Start a "Boogie's sound like ass thread" if you need to express that you hate Boogies. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of replies agreeing with you. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Post less, lurk more.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] this is so funny hahaha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and guys take it easy, i think he's just joking and it was a good one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

btw i always use a Rectifer with a Marshall GT75 cab on my HD147 so yes MESAs' rock [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

here is one of my HD147 Mesa settings, kinda loose sound!

Mesa Rectifier with Marshall GT75w cab
                  Drive: Full
                  bas: 12.30
                  mid: 11.00
                  treble: 1.30
                  presence: full
                  reverb: none to 9.00

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    here is one of my HD147 Mesa settings, kinda loose sound!

Mesa Rectifier with Marshall GT75w cab
                    Drive: Full
                    bas: 12.30
                    mid: 11.00
                    treble: 1.30
                    presence: full
                    reverb: none to 9.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that shows the HD147's controls are nothing like the real thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The BEST way to make a Recto sound like a$$ is to crank the gain in the "modern" mode...

Not ripping on the amp, just saying that those settings won't map to a "real world" Recto very well...except maybe in "vintage". Even then, full-out presence is going to be, uh, bright, to say the least...
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

speak out! Don't hold back. Yes. I agree the Mesa Rectifier is the holy grail of rock/metal amps. Sooooo severe. It doesn't mean others can't disagree. I like Marshall too (just not Peavey...which are toys..for 13 year-olds and "one A" high schools). Express! ...bitches.

Numbutlove.

Comment

Triple Rectifier- Channel 2, Modern, Bold , Solid State Rectifier, 6L6s, Gain 8-10, Presence 5-6, Bass 8, Mids 0-1, Tone 5-6. Output 2-10, Master 2-10. I prefer it with a Digital Reverb or Echo pedal through FX Loop.

Comment

Working...
                        X