Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new reviews on the Engl E 570 preamp?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new reviews on the Engl E 570 preamp?????

Anybody else besides Mike (Gilbert) have a chance to try out the preamp for an amount of time?? I'm curious as to how it compares to the Fireball....

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Any new reviews on the Engl E 570 preamp?????

+1... Possibly my next purchase...

Comment

Same here bro!

- Joel
      RIP Dime

Comment

I'm headed out to ENGL (they are located here in Skokie) next saturday to check these out.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I'll wait to John gets his..

I wish they made an Uber preamp GODAMMIT

the uberscall preamp section coupled with a KT88 loaded VHT 2150...would be my dream amp.

well in theory ...but this may happen eventually..

I have the feeling that Bogner may do this...maybe if I hound them...like everday!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll help you Horns! I have a VHT 2902 that would love to share rackspace with an Uber pre.

Comment

I just took a quick look at it on the website. Way cool features. I didn't see any MP3's available. Bummer.

Has anyone here player the VHT GP3? Curious how these two preamps would compare.

Comment

From clips I've heard of each, the ENGl comes out on top by far IMO. That's pretty sad as I waited for the VHT preamp to come out for ages, and after hearing it, have no interest in it anymore.

The ENGL is a modern metal sounding unit with much crunch and squeal. Definitely a smoking bunch soundbytes I heard.

The stuff I heard of the VHT was pretty standard sounding really, sorta scooped-ish or Metallica-ish for the most part. Not bad really, just not what I'm looking for or expected.

Comment

I used to own a VHT GP3 and I was able to dial some solid tones out of it. The best thing I liked about the GP3 was the the clarity of the distortion even when you were cranking the gain all the way up. Clean channel is pretty nice, and it has two distorted channels (they're identicle). In my opinion though, the VHT GP3 can nail 80's metal perfectly and scooped tones (like Cleveland said) but it just can't get into the 'death metal' all alone.

Comment

Joe...you heading out to Sound Post in Skokie??? Lemme know if they have a 570 in stock...I need to test drive one of those bad boys!

- Joel
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                    X