HEY UBER OWNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY UBER OWNERS

I just picked up a Uber and was wondering if any of you guys have some cool settings I can try out. If you do please post them. I will tell you for straight out metal there is not another head out there that can compare to this
    I have it dialed in with a great setting but want to see what other people are using compared to what I have it set at. WOW!!! you talk about a heavy tight tone, this baby has it and ROCKS.

Re: HEY UBER OWNERS

Master at 12 oclock ,and don't dime the gain. The rest is a matter of opinion (my ears or your ears)Great hi gain head .I like the fireball too.

Comment

I dont dime the gain. You really cant even go near that. I have the older gain taper (which is the one I prefer) I keep the gain set at about 10 o'clock. Anything more is overkill to my ears. I was talking to the guys at Bogner and they told me to keep the master volume cranked all the way and work the channel volume to desired level. This also works better with my g force in the loop otherwise it clips out very easy. You also get a fatter/fuller tone that way.

Comment

Yeah Baby! I'm happy with my Uber too. I will try cranking the master (hadn't thought of that) and work the ch vols - interesting, that is kind of opposite to a normal master vol. What are your settings Bro?

I usually have (all in o'clock) treb at 1:00, mids at 2:30, bass at 10:00 to 11:00. I move the presence depending on how I feel that day. For me this is the best "presence" knob I have used. I really seems to control presence or how "in yo face" the tone is. Of course I adjust depending on guitar as well. I have several maple boarded strats which sound alot diff from my SL-2 and KV-1.

john

Comment

I run a G major in the loop and use the unit's output level for my master volume...

I have the gain full up...The low full up ...Mid- aprox 10 o clock...Treble full up..presense about 9 o clock (use your ear)...I turn the high gain channel volume level until my G major LEDs just barley goes into blinking red....and the input level on the G Major is full up..

The presence and the mids seems to really "color" the overall sound..I think the Uber is a bit midrangy at high volume levels (I blame the EL34s) ...that is why I keep the Presence down...which is more of a high mid control for "cut".....when I turn it up it seems to "Honk" to me...too midrangy..

These settings are basically glued there...I move one friggin' knob a tad and it immediately loses "something"..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Horns - Is it possible to utilize the channel switching feature of the G-major with the Uber using a stereo 1/4 cable?

Comment

yes ...I think so

But I don't switch channels ..

I don't play "clean"..I'm a one trick pony...when I want "clean"...I back off on my guitar volume...that's about it..

I have ONE basic tone I use ...just shred mode..I'm from the Zakk / Dime / Kerry King school I spose..

pepople who do like to play clean say that my Ube has a great clean tone...I'll take their word for it.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Does the Uber have a standard 1/4 jack for a footswitch?

Comment

yes, and one to enable the loop.

Comment

Do not post your own auctions on this site...

Comment

Deleted by admin due to rules violation

Comment

Posting own auction = no no

Hey Zulia,
                        Ccan't post your own auctions dude....

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Posting own auction = no no

[ QUOTE ]

Ccan't

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this on purpose? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops, didn't know man! My bad! I tried to delete it, but It won't let me!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

Ccan't

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this on purpose? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              That's just his ssstuttering problem acting up again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X