ok this is the Krank Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok this is the Krank Revolution

this amp sounds very much like a Mesa infact it is alittle clearer at it's highest gain but nothing to get all happy about.I ran the krank side by side with my gutarist triple rec to compare as well as my dsl 100 the real problem with the Krank is it has no balls had to Krank (lol) the master volumes to keep up with the Marshall or Mesa.the Mesa at a volume of 2.5 the Marshall about the same the Krank master volume 1 at about 6 and master 2 at about 8 not good very under powered for a 100 watt tube head.and this thing loves spanish radio stations I ran it at home first to get an idea of how I was going to set it up before testing it at practice no problem nice and quiet,brought it to practice and arriba wouldn't SHut the F-UP!ran a Rocktron hush and radio still was bleeding thru this happens in the building I play in with the Marshall and Mesa but our rack tuners are what was picking up the radio freqencies plugged straigt in to the head they are relatively quiet but not the Krank,So I am sending it back.In a nutshell I think this amp SUCKS for the price.on a diff note we also brought my old guitar player rig we got ripped of over a year ago and he lost his triple rec so we came up with a cheaper way out I ebayed a POD PRO rack for him $280 and scored an old Peavey classic 120/120 power amp $200 WITH ANVIL CASE from a friend who no longer plays We never got to hear this rig at its full potential.Let me say this this thing sounded better than the Mesa and Marshall we used the soldono setting thru a pair of marshall 1960 cabs running 120 into each cab and it was awsome but it had troble cutting thru the mix not enough mids,so we tried the Rectifier channel and all hell broke loose it sounded very close to the real thing but better notes were very defined but it had more of a Marshall like bottom and an attack like the Marshall and cut tru no problem.the kick in the ass is this is what I have been looking for and it has been right under my nose go figure.So this is now the direction I am headed.my guitar player now wants to sell his Triple rec and buy my dsl from me?He loves the Mesa but he likes the scooped sound the Marshall gets and is willing to sacrifise note clarity.some body needs to combine the mesa and marshall into one head at a price under $2000 and they will destroy all
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: ok this is the Krank Revolution

you make my eyes hurt...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      you make my eyes hurt...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was thinking the exact same thing. As I expected with the Krank just not a good amp...
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        you make my eyes hurt...

[/ QUOTE ]
        Same here.

Comment

Yeah, your review is pretty much what I've heard most people say about Krank amplification. Usually the only people that like Krank's gear are the ones that don't have anything to compare it to or it is their first high gain tube amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            this amp sounds very much like a Mesa infact it is alittle clearer at it's highest gain but nothing to get all happy about.I ran the krank side by side with my gutarist triple rec to compare as well as my dsl 100 the real problem with the Krank is it has no balls had to Krank (lol) the master volumes to keep up with the Marshall or Mesa.the Mesa at a volume of 2.5 the Marshall about the same the Krank master volume 1 at about 6 and master 2 at about 8 not good very under powered for a 100 watt tube head.and this thing loves spanish radio stations I ran it at home first to get an idea of how I was going to set it up before testing it at practice no problem nice and quiet,brought it to practice and arriba wouldn't SHut the F-UP!ran a Rocktron hush and radio still was bleeding thru this happens in the building I play in with the Marshall and Mesa but our rack tuners are what was picking up the radio freqencies plugged straigt in to the head they are relatively quiet but not the Krank,So I am sending it back.In a nutshell I think this amp SUCKS for the price.on a diff note we also brought my old guitar player rig we got ripped of over a year ago and he lost his triple rec so we came up with a cheaper way out I ebayed a POD PRO rack for him $280 and scored an old Peavey classic 120/120 power amp $200 WITH ANVIL CASE from a friend who no longer plays We never got to hear this rig at its full potential.Let me say this this thing sounded better than the Mesa and Marshall we used the soldono setting thru a pair of marshall 1960 cabs running 120 into each cab and it was awsome but it had troble cutting thru the mix not enough mids,so we tried the Rectifier channel and all hell broke loose it sounded very close to the real thing but better notes were very defined but it had more of a Marshall like bottom and an attack like the Marshall and cut tru no problem.the kick in the ass is this is what I have been looking for and it has been right under my nose go figure.So this is now the direction I am headed.my guitar player now wants to sell his Triple rec and buy my dsl from me?He loves the Mesa but he likes the scooped sound the Marshall gets and is willing to sacrifise note clarity.some body needs to combine the mesa and marshall into one head at a price under $2000 and they will destroy all

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a pod pro going thru a mesa 290, damn was that some great sounding gear, but someone helped themselves to it, i did get insurance money for it though. I just never replaced it because irealy do not play heavy music anymore, well not that heavy! Good setup though with alot of channels, make sure to get the floor board, makes it that much better!

Comment

Paragraphs are our friends! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

my eyes hurt so much reading that, that they started watering [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe Krank amps are made by the same fellows that make Rhino amps. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What's you're next novel titled? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      my eyes hurt so much reading that, that they started watering [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I am with you. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] I couldn't even finish reading it.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I heard that English isn't a required subject in Bedford.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Try this.... I copied the entire post and pasted into Microsoft Word. I then hit the spell check/ grammar button. My computer made a funny noise, it started to smell and then it suddenly exploded. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy sh!t...Does anyone els want to bitch about the paragraph?

How about...
                          Thanks for the review magh8.

I keep checking this thread cuz I think there is more, but it's just someone complaining about their eye's. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

How about...

I keep checking this thread cuz I think there is more, but it's just someone complaining about their eye's. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dave, lighten up bro. I appreciate the review. Grammar is way more important than a Krank amp review in the grand scheme of things. After I finally decoded the review I thought it was very informative. I am actually surprised that the amp sucks. I will keep my eyes open for other reviews. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably

[ QUOTE ]
                              How about...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing new here. Did I mention, my eyes bothered me while trying to get through that review? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X