• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ok this is the Krank Revolution

Thanks for the review magh8.

PS. AAAAHHHHHHH!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My eyes made it through OK, but my brain hurts now.

The thing that kept me going was that it was decent content with good info.

Thanks for the review!
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Funny on your timing for your review..
        I actually tried the same model out last weak and discovered the same as you. It just lacks balls or overall headroom. The tone is trebly (is that a word) and the filter of the EQ just doesn't allow you to change it sufficiently. I thought the Krank was the supposed answer to combining the Mesa and Marshall but that wasn’t it. I know the sound your after which is why I have currently a Vetta 2 to have the best of both worlds. Sorry, didn’t mean to steal your thread but I agree, something is fowl with the Kranks..
        [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice review. Problem is I'm now cross-eyed! LOL!!
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I know my eyes were bad to begin with, but I think the prescription on my glasses just changed! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I remember reading Dimebag said these Revolution amps were great sounding (then again, his tone never was the greatest) and they had enough gain for him and he stopped using everything else in his rack. They were supposed to make him a signature model based on it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Funny on your timing for your review..
              I actually tried the same model out last weak and discovered the same as you. It just lacks balls or overall headroom. The tone is trebly (is that a word) and the filter of the EQ just doesn't allow you to change it sufficiently. I thought the Krank was the supposed answer to combining the Mesa and Marshall but that wasn’t it. I know the sound your after which is why I have currently a Vetta 2 to have the best of both worlds. Sorry, didn’t mean to steal your thread but I agree, something is fowl with the Kranks..
              [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i liked your "short" review better!
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

You are very welcome for the review on the Krank.To all those who are having fun cracking on my paragraph and grammatical skills which I will admit are slipping and I also was rushing when typing it...EAT A DICK AND DIE!:evillol)Next time I try something out that many people haven't had a chance to check out due to its availability. I will just simply state that it sucks and explain nothing...
                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Ya ya, don't get yer panties in a knot. Now go and try out a B52 will ya. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I tried that thing along time ago and didn't like it
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Holy crap... I just picked up the new Guitar One mag tonight, and it's got a Krank ad for the new Dime signature. Wonder how that's going to differ from the Revolution.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        my eyes hurt so much reading that, that they started watering [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I am with you. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] I couldn't even finish reading it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear the new B52 tube head rocks.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I hear the new B52 tube head rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just heard a guy from a band that opened for us using one. But he was also using a Digitech pedal, so I'm not sure where the tone was really coming from. It sounded pretty compressed and nu-metally, but that was their style.

Comment

Working...
                            X