Line 6 - HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line 6 - HD147

I have been using the Vetta2 for about 1.5 yr now and the 147 is based on that design. Its a good modeling amp and the newest version of firmware produces some decent D/O for recording. You won't have the ability to add multiple effects like the Vetta but amp wise...its awesome and when A/B against the real Mesa, Marshall, Fenders..they really do come close.

The clips on their page are horrible and the stock (default) patches are disgusting but easily remedied by downloading litterly thousand of user patches.
    My .02 anyways

Comment

I would figure the HD would hold up as well as the Vetta... and I've used a Vetta to gig with since 2003. NO problems whatsoever cutting through at gigs or rehearsals, whether used with a mic on a cabinet through the PA or just 'raw' and cranked.

I haven't used it direct to the PA since I think it doesn't sound that great that way. (but I love it direct for recording)

I've owned and directly compared (meaning I owned em at the same time and A/B compared) the Vetta to a VHT, Egnater TOL, Soldano HR50+, Mesa Mark III, and two JCM 800s (voodoo modded 2203, stock 2210). The Vetta didn't 'wilt' against any of those amps in a band situation.

Pete

[ QUOTE ]
      I sell the HD147 here... in the shop at low volumes it sounds AMAZING. In a rehearsal room by itself at high volumes it sounds AMAZING. But... as soon as you start playing in a band situation it completely falls apart.

Wierd, like it doesn't move air the same way a real amp does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

I wonder if the problem with cutting is that the HD147 doesn't have as much mids as the 5150 did live. Because I have had a 5150 combo and it cut through everything but thats because that amp is all mids had ran the at like 4 and it sounded like 10 on other amps). So maybe with the HD147 you would want to boost the mids more then other amps. Also the other guy I am starting a band with uses a pod xt pro rack type set up so I am not competing with someone with an ENGL or Bogner or something.

Comment

Working...
        X