Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Guitar Center this Saturday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Guitar Center this Saturday....

Hey guys,

Guitar Center is kind of far from my house, that is why I'm heading there on a weekend. I'm basically going there to test a combo of guitar and an amp, that might be my set-up for a couple of years. The guitar that I'm gonna try out is Ibanez 1570L (yeah I'm left handed, and there are no Jacksons LH in GC) and the amp is gonna be Behringer LX112, which is a 100W combo amp with a built-in V-AMP Pro in it.

The main reason why I posted here, is to seek some help from those of you who own a V-Amp, as its the same controls on the amp. Basically I'm looking for different Dream Theater tones. The distortion from "As I Am", the lead from "Overture 1928" and etc. The problem is I have no idea how to set up a V-Amp as it is, let along to get a DT tone out of it. So, those of who own a V-Amp can maybe post some instructions and settings that worked for you on some Dream Theater songs, so that I could try them out, while I'm there at GC. Please know that I know nothing about the operation of the V-Amp, so your instructions might have to be very specific. I will deeply appreciate any help.

Finally, those who are against the whole idea of getting this amp, as I said I don't gig and I will only use it for recording and practicing and of course playing DT stuff. I don't have a huge budget so if I'm looking for tonal versatility and value, I think you'd agree that this is the amp for me. If not, then I would love to hear your opinions. Finally, it would be nice if had a real nice distortion, again like "As I Am"

Thanks for reading, I hope I get some settings to play around on the LX112 with.
Working...
X