Who has tried Guitar Port online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has tried Guitar Port online...

I am thinking about suscribing to this service... who has tried it?... what do you think about it?

Re: Who has tried Guitar Port online...

so, the thing is not very popular, eh?... I wonder why...

Comment

No Mac version leaves me out.

Comment

I have it and I think it is great. The lessons are alright but the backing tracks to play over is what got me. You could always try the 30 day free thing and see how you like it.

Comment

I have been using it with my PodXT for the past year. I like it. Well worth th $8.00 per month fee. Lots of lessons and jam tracks.
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Frosty can you download the tracks?... will they continue to play even if your suscription expires?...

Comment

It is fantastic. The subscription cost is well worth it. I will probably get another one soon just for the lessons. The backing tracks are also outstanding.

Comment

You can download the tracks, but I don't you can use them if you cancel your sub.

You also can not print out the tabs. They set it up that way because of copyright issues.

Still, no regrets from me. I have used it for over a year.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I've used the service for quite a while and I like it. It's not perfect, but I have found plenty of great tracks and lessons to eat up what little free time I have. It's not just for beginners, like some people think. Malmsteen lessons, Vai, Eric Johnson, & VH tracks, etc. Not much metal thus far, but a little.

In the earlier versions of the GPort software, you used to be able to find the tab files (they're gif images, iirc) in the cache folder while a track was loaded, then do whatever you wanted with them, like print them out. They seem to have made that impossible with v. 2.5, but you can print out images of the tab using the old "print screen" / open in Paint method, or better yet with a freeware utility like ScreenGrabber. I've done this a few times when I'm working on a difficult part & am tired of sitting at the computer.

The workaround for saving backing tracks as mp3s (this works with GuitarPort hardware, not sure about the POD): Connect from the RCA jacks on the back of the GuitarPort to the line-in of your soundcard. Radio Shack carries any adapters or RCA to 1/8 stereo cables you'll need. The output at the RCA jacks includes the backing track audio, whereas if you record yourself playing to a track via the usb connection, only your guitar is recorded. Open your recording software, play the track from GuitarPort while recording the input to you soundcard. Save as mp3. Not a perfect digital copy, since you're recording the analog output of the GuitarPort, but it sounds pretty damn good. This method is the only way to record yourself playing with the backing tracks, which is the only reason I use it. There are people who do it to share the tracks on backing track forums. I think this will end up screwing up the whole thing when license-holders figure out that it's happening and quit letting Line6 do the tracks.

Comment

Working...
                  X