Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging Twisteramps on amp build advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Twisteramps on amp build advice....

Or anyone knowledgable of Amp builds. I'm trying my first amp build, a High Octane 5 watt, and I have a stupid newbie question. Which end is the positive and negative end on the Sprague Orange Drop/ CDE Mica(Black Kidney bean shaped) and Xicon Axial Metallized Polyester Capacitors(Yellow Cylinder shape)? The Xicon Hi-Voltage Axial Electrolytic Capacitors needed for the build are easy enough(They have arrows pointing to the negative end). Any info would be appreciated.
    Also another dumb question...does it make a difference how the Resistors are placed (Like the Capacitors...even if I have the right resistor in the right place, is there positive and negative end to consider?). I am following a Wiring Layout diagram and color photos from the Silvatone website. And I can make out the layout of the resistors. I have set up my Turret board according to the Photos/diagram, but wasn't sure. I have been study amp building for the past year, and finally decided to give it a try. Thanks... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Paging Twisteramps on amp build advice....

There is no polarity to resistors or non-electrolytic capacitors so either way is fine for those. That's why they don't mark them.

Comment

Re: Paging Twisteramps on amp build advice....

Thanks rstites [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X