What to Buy? Small PA for One Man Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Buy? Small PA for One Man Band

I’d like to put together a one man band PA setup, where I can play electric guitar and sing with pre-recorded backing tracks for drums/bass (musical styles to include Santana, SRV, etc.). Any recommendations for the best amp/PA/effects to do this, preferably for $1000 or less? It doesn’t have to be extremely loud, just enough for a party or small dinner club setting.

I already have a Pod XT Live to generate guitar sounds. I think the ultimate would be one of the new Bose pole-shaped systems, if it weren't so pricey. The other end of the spectrum would be an acoustic amp, as several of those also have mic inputs (Fishman 250 watt, tri-amped “Loudbox” looks interesting).

As a middle ground, I was thinking of a couple of bi-amped, powered speakers, each with a 15” speaker and a horn (Behringers are $349, Peaveys are $379), and a small, unpowered mixer with built in effects (Mackie sells one for about $165), but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!

Re: What to Buy? Small PA for One Man Band

Carvin AG100D is a great amp. It has everything you would need. Everything.
    For a stand alone PA I would look at the Fender Passport 250.
    I use a Crate CA-60D. It's perfect for coffee house and restaurant gigs.

Comment

Re: What to Buy? Small PA for One Man Band

Wow, that Carvin looks very interesting. I like the 3 channels, with separate effects.

I assumed the Fender would be overpriced, since I'd be paying for the name to some degree, but I'll take another look at that, too.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X