Wireless System's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless System's

Hi guys I'm just wondering what wirelss systems do you reccomend between the Samson Airline, and the Shure VHF wireless Guitar system.

The Shure is cheaper allthough the samson looks to be more compact.

Which one do you suggest?

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]Ozz

Re: Wireless System\'s

Bump!

I really need some advice guys.

Ozz

Comment

I've not used either. I use the AKG Guitar Bug. Battery life is short, and it isn't necessarily the best sound quality, but for live, nothing gives you as much freedom or is easier to swap between guitars fast.

Keep in mind that you need to put a small piece of velcro tape by the jack on every guitar, so if you don't feel like doing this, don't even look at the bug.

Comment

Since we're in the discussion with wireless systems..Which one would you guys recommend that isn't hard on the wallet but still sounds killer?

Comment

I've got an older Audio Technica that sounds great. They go for cheap on e-bay, around $130 for UHF, and $60 for VHF.

Comment

cool.how's the sound difference from UHF ver. VHF? just diff frequencies?

Comment

UHF has longer range and a lot smaller chance of running into other radio traffic. VHF is pretty stuffed with signals all over the place (think regular TV and radio), but UHF is pretty open.

Comment

Sounds good. Does wireless systems color your sound at all? prob depending on quality right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Sounds good. Does wireless systems color your sound at all? prob depending on quality right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people claim that all wireless systems color your tone too much. I've used my Sennheiser EW172 G2 with my ENGL Powerball and Peavey 5150 and I haven't noticed any change in tone at all. I'm sure with the cheaper systems there is a change in your tone, but with the higher end systems there is no real difference.

Comment

nice,I play through a Powerball as well.I will look into the sennheiser.thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      nice,I play through a Powerball as well.I will look into the sennheiser.thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sennheiser is a bit more expensive, but if you look long enough you should be able to find a wirelesss system for cheap either on eBay or a used one that is much more reasonably priced.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sennheiser is a bit more expensive, but if you look long enough you should be able to find a wirelesss system for cheap either on eBay or a used one that is much more reasonably priced.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        it's going to be a while,don't have enough $$,but it will give me time to find the right deals.Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm sure I read here that oe of the frequency ranges was not so good I thought it was UHF not VHF so i'll try and get an UHF.

Anyone used the airline system??

Ozz

Comment

I haven't tried either of the systems you mentioned, but I just picked up a Peavey Pro Comm UHF unit and can't believe I waited as long as I did to do so. Tomorrow night will be my second show with it, and our rhythm guitarist just got a Peavey wireless as well, so now we can both wander around the stage.

There was a slight change in tone once I added the wireless, but I can't quite put a finger on what it was. Since the wireless receiver is ahead of my preamp and EQ, it's something that I can compensate for easily enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks I'll look into that the only trouble is choice here in the UK is limited, allthough i've heard good things about the Samson Airline.

Ozz

Comment

Working...
                              X