Combo amp help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combo amp help please

+1 for the Ultra 2x12. With good tubes this is a nice cover all amp. The clean is its weekest link though but still not bad at all. The crunch channel seems very Marshall like and the Ultra channel is 5150/XXX territory. I also replaced the Sheffields with a V30 and a GT 75 and the tones are very good.

Comment

IMO opinion, based on your description of what you were looking for, you did yourself a huge disservice by not checking out the Vox AD50VT. Only $359 to boot...

Comment

+whatever for the DC-5 and the F series. Great, great amps.

Comment

I'm looking for a "do it all" combo myself but with a $500 budget. I'm really considering the Randall Rg100sc/g2 - 2x12, 100 watts, really good clean, and two distortions. Plus, built-in reverb and chorus.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I'm happy with the rectoverb for now. I really wanted a nice tube amp and the modeling stuff like the Vox AD50VT sound OK, but too much stuff to deal with. I'm a simple control kinda person. jwoods, you should check out a Mesa F series of a Peavey ultra tube amp.

-Jason

Comment

Congrats on the Rectoverb, cool amp for sure.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Congrats on the Rectoverb, I missed that in your earlier post.

Shawn, I just found this on the bay, is this a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Mesa/Boogie DC-5 Combo. Very versatile litte combo. Great clean channel, can get nasty on the lead channel, nice reverb and 5 band EQ. It's 50 watts of 6L6 that sounds pretty good at bedroom volumes and can be a beast if you want to crank it up.

I can't say enough good things about the DC-5 amp and is one of the best bang for the buck out there. I have a few other amps and this baby keeps up with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Shawn, Can I come over and play? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X