Marshall 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Half Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Half Stack

Any body know anything about Marshall 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Half Stack? I saw a couple on eBay and I was looking at bidding but I don't know what it's worth or if it's any good. Thanks for the help.

Re: Marshall 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Half Stack

You would be much better served by buying an older 80's JCM800.

Comment

I hate to buy someone's beat up old amp and I was looking for something collectable. A new 2203 is like $2k and it's got EL34's so, I'd have to do a change over. Plus I've watched the 2555SL's Slash amps go threw the roof to like $1500 for a used one. It's funny cause Slash recored AFD with a JCM800 with 6550's in it. I thought it would be a good collector piece as long as it's good condition and not F-d with? I haven't seen any sell though so I have know idea what they go for.

Comment

If you're looking for a Marshall skip the 2203ZW and go for a Mode Four. You'll probably end up paying a little less for a brand new Mode Four than a used 2203ZW. Manufacturers always jack up the price on Artist Signature products but there are other products out there that are just as good or even better for alot less. Just my opinion.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Mode 4? Skip that. Yeah the ZW's will go up in price in years to come. Only 600 made right? 200 only for North America. Not sure the going rate. Buy it if your gut tells you to!

Comment

You could look for a used JCM 800 2203. I have an 83 2203 w/6550's. Great amps! I suppose you could just get the 2203x which is the reissue 2203.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Wow dude, your the first one ever that I've come across to recommend the Mode Four. The ZW JCM is a pretty cool amp, the 800 is my favorite Marshall. The Slash model is the best sounding Marshall I've ever heard in my life though. Some dude bought it in to buy a cab for it and I was in awe.

Comment

Buy an older 2203, and drop 6550s in. I use a 2204 w/6L6 and will probably never switch amps again [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Zakk Wylde full stack and it is excellent. I have been very pleased with mine. However, you can do just as well with a "standard" JCM 800 and the right pedals. I also have the re-issue 1959 Plexi and with a Metal Zone I can dial in a sound very close to the Zakk head.

We opened for Nugent a couple weeks ago and my Zakk stack served me well!!!

Comment

The Slash Marshall is sick as hell! Its more or less a Silver jubilee...great amps.

Comment

I bought a new JCM-800ZW when they first came out and it was pretty cool. But I shot it out with some older Marshalls ( JCM-800s and non-master Superleads), and found the older ones had a bigger/beefier sound to them. So I sold the Zakk Wylde and bought a '69' Marshall 100 watt Superlead and a THD Hotplate. With an overdrive pedal this amp blows away the ZW ( in my opinion ). As a side note, I saw BLS after the ZW came out and behind the wall of ZW's was a rack of older JCM-800s that Zakk was using.

Comment

The last time we played with BLS Zakk had a stack of the ZW marshalls behind hime, but was running through the six(!) marshall heads that were in a rack behind the ZW stacks. The ZW heads weren't used.
                        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The last time we played with BLS Zakk had a stack of the ZW marshalls behind hime, but was running through the six(!) marshall heads that were in a rack behind the ZW stacks. The ZW heads weren't used.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but all six in the racks certainly were - he was DAMN loud.
                          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

This is good conversation guys, bottom line is that pretty much all JCM 800's have the *potential* to be a kick ass amp. Depends on the players preferences and skill of course.

Yeah some need different tubes, others are perfect out of the box, some need a pedal in front of them, etc. But I've yet to play through a JCM 800 that sucked.

Now some of the other newer Marshall models are a different story altogether....

Comment

Lex, are you interested in something for strictly collector's value, or are you interested in a kick-ass head/amp to use for gigging?

Comment

Working...
                              X