Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Live Metal Rig

[ QUOTE ]
    Yet, one of my 5150s was ejected 30+ feet from a car into a hillside during an auto wreck and worked fine afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Wow.

Comment

Didn't Bill Steer use a 900 SLX? (along with a 5150?)

Comment

I don't play with alot of bottom end. I leave that up to the bass player. I am a mids guy. To me.. when playing live and loud, at the sound check and the 1st set I can hear my total guitar sound. By the middle of the 1st set I can only hear the mids. I used to dial everything up to get bottom/mids and highs but I would always find myself constantly turning up as the gig progressed. When I switched to playing very mid heavy I was able to leave my amp alone all night and since then I have never had a problem hearing myself or being heard.

Comment

Just got my JCM 900 through the door and already playing through it. This amp has nuts! just the right amount of gain and so much power. every note is clear and powerful. Best amp i've played through.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Tone is so subjective. I thought the JCM900 SLX sounded great and if I owned it I would be happy. If its true that Marshall made good ones and bad ones then I would have to say that the one I played through was one of the good ones.

Comment

guitar sound don't need any bass. thats why we have the bass guitar.

(now when i say that i don't mean turn the bass knob off) what i mean is guitar sound doesn't need the low end punch when playing in a band. when you play by yourself - yes the low end punch sounds great. but if you are going to play that way in a band why even have a bass player?

i saw shadows fall while there bassist was so sick he was in the hospital. they has so much bass in there sound he wasn't missed a bit.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                guitar sound don't need any bass. thats why we have the bass guitar.

(now when i say that i don't mean turn the bass knob off) what i mean is guitar sound doesn't need the low end punch when playing in a band. when you play by yourself - yes the low end punch sounds great. but if you are going to play that way in a band why even have a bass player?

i saw shadows fall while there bassist was so sick he was in the hospital. they has so much bass in there sound he wasn't missed a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X