Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Studio Caliber/Dc-2/Sudio 22/22+???? Help

This is confusing me [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What's the difference between all these amps??
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Mesa Studio Caliber/Dc-2/Sudio 22/22+???? Help

22 and 22+ are the desireable models to my ear. The 22+ is better imho than the 22 because it has a better fx loop, and a lead master volume, so you can balance the channel volumes more easily. The 22 can't do this. BOTH models had graphic eq's available, easiest way to tell the difference is that the + has an extra knob, and also usually has plastic off/on switches. The 22 has metal ones.

The DC were the later versions of the caliber series amps, and had more flexible controls (seperate eq for each channel, etc). I think the 22's sound better. I had a DC3 and a DC5, two 22+ amps, played a gig with a borrowed 22, owned two .50 EL84s, and borrowed a 6L6 .50+. The 22+ amps were my favorite, followed closely by the .50 EL84s. DC series are more flexible but I didn't like them as much, some think differently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Man, you're a Fucking life saver Bro. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ok, I think the one I'm going to get is a Studio caliber DC-2, I plan on adding an extension cab to get it's full worth, this should have no problems nailing a Lynch/Rhoads Tone right??
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Man, you're a Fucking life saver Bro. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ok, I think the one I'm going to get is a Studio caliber DC-2, I plan on adding an extension cab to get it's full worth, this should have no problems nailing a Lynch/Rhoads Tone right??

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to complicate things... but..
        I am not sure you will be nailing a Lynch tone with a DC2. Rhoads?.... possibly but not Lynch.
        Here it is simply put. Both amps have a great clean channel although the DC is the better of the 2. The rhythm channel on the .22 and the .22+ both have a vintage tone the is fairly unique. They both need a pedal if you are gonna do Lynch.
        The DC rhythm channel is more like the Rectifier series. If you scoop the mids a bit on the EQ they can both do a convincing Rectifier tone (not as much gain but close).
        Personally, I think you should look at the single Rectifier, the Rectoverb and the F series for the tones you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X