Vinnie Paul triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Paul triggers

Does anyone know if vinnie used triggers on cowboys from hell, and if he did, what he use sounds wise, cos i love the drum sound on that album, also any ideas what dimebag used amp/pickup wise?

Re: Vinnie Paul triggers

randalls and a dimebucker?

Comment

I believe on CFH he was using the Wacjman Bill Lawrence L500XL pickup.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Imo kick and snare are triggered for sure,maybe the snare sound can be a mix of trigger and mic'ing.

Comment

im sure i've seen vids during the cfh tour with dime using marshalls, jcm900's i think, cos i saw him say he used to use tube amps but hasnt for ages.

Comment

I did load-in for Pantera on the CFH show. Diamond Darell had two full randall stacks that were built into some steel frame on wheels. The whole stack rolled in and out in one piece. Setup was fast, but that thing was heavy as hell.

For the CFH album, I'm pretty sure that the kicks and snare are at least supported by triggered samples, but I can't say for certain that it's 100% sample.
            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

This is a cool pic of Dime's rig, this is close to what I think Matt is talk'n about.

Comment

ok, well on the cfh vhs thing he got some marshall heads behind him during art of shredding

Comment

There were the house amps, he had to use them due to space and blah blah or something lol, It's all on another forum but I am too lazy to look it up at the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                  But for CFH I do believe he was using Randall RG100ES heads and cabs, maybe at some point in the tour he switched over to Century 200II's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    This is a cool pic of Dime's rig, this is close to what I think Matt is talk'n about.
                    [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Jacksonrr1/darrellvdoprig.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I remember that pic! It was in I think an older GFTPM, I think right around Far Beyond Driven was released, but the photo could have been taken earlier. I think this is when Dime was briefly with Dean (the 1st time around), before later signing with Washburn. It's cut off in this pic, but he's kneeling down next to the rig...I can make out one knee in this pic! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Dime took me to his rig so i could write down his settings.I had the same heads he used and asked him how he got that tone he had, because mine didnt sound even close.Of course, he had a fridge rack full of BBE'S and other types of effects that really boosted his tone.Totally cool of him to let me do that.That night at the gold rush was CRAZY drunken fun.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Jacksonrr1/darrellvdoprig.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a much later picture than CFH. At the start of the CFH tour, at least, he was using two full stacks of Randalls, and that's it. He may have had some pedals, but I didn't have to carry those out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Yeah, CFH does not sound like a Marshall 900 in any form to my ears, and I've owned several and played many... I'd figure Randall also.

Comment

ok lol, i got it all wrong :S sorry guys, thanks for the info

Comment

He used randall RH100 heads I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X