Line 6 Flextone MKIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Flextone MKIII

Today I tried the line6 flextone. It was great! I don't like the spiders much (though I could grow to [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) but this... wow. I tried the Dualrect (guess what amp it's modded on [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) and seriously, this thing is HEAVY. I love it. I want one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can get a 100 watts version and add a cab to it, and it's less expensive than a tube equivalent.
    Discuss.

Re: Line 6 Flextone MKIII

They are great. Keep in mind though that in order to take full advantage of all the features and utilize those features live you need to buy that kick a$$ expensive foot controller.

Comment

so why not just get a POD XT LIVE and a power amp?
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

What's a power amp?

Comment

The Flextone III is a killer amp. I sold mine a while back, and just bought another - I missed it!! You can get the POD XT, but it's not the same as the Flextone - I can say this because I've had both. I don't think the POD through outboard equipment sounds the same, and no one will convince me otherwise.

If you're looking mainly for an amp that you can use for a recording device, go Flextone. If it's the other way around, go POD.

Comment

I got the Flextone III Plus so I can drive an external cabinet. Personally I really like it. My only problem is that I haven't been able to dial in a real kick ass classic rock tone. Everything else fell into place quickly. I just need to spend a little more time with that kind of sound.

Comment

I've got a Flextone III XL 2X12 with a Shortboard I'm going to sell! Let me know if you are interested. All in the factory boxes ready to go!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I've got a Flextone III XL 2X12 with a Shortboard I'm going to sell! Let me know if you are interested. All in the factory boxes ready to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you asking for it?

Comment

I have the plus model and bought an extra speaker off ebay for 10 bucks. I built a cab for next to nothing (we have tons of wood) and it sounds huge! Stereo rigs are very cool. An alternative to the expensive Line6 shortboard (which are like 200-250 bucks on ebay) is the Behringer FCB1010 Midi board. They're like 100 bucks on ebay, and you can do all kinds of crap with em.

Comment

Mail sent.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    What are you asking for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

mmh are they mostly recording tools? I'd use it for bands and to play myself... So yeah. And thanks for the offer fretburner but it won't be for now, I need to wait until I play better, until I truly need it and mostly until I can afford it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Furthermore shipping from the US to Europe would cost a whole lot. But thanks anyway.

Comment

I have a patchmate and the the midi controller. Might be looking to trade it. Also have a 81 JCM 800 2204. Might want to try the Flextone... Any of that interest you?

Comment

Yes, if only you didn't live in New Jersey [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Scotland is a bit far [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Cheers for the offer though, I'd really like a JCM800 too.

Comment

Working...
                          X