Carvin MTS 3200/3212 users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin MTS 3200/3212 users??

This amp comes stock from Carvin with a quartet of 5881's. It has a bias switch on the back so you can replace the 5881's with EL34's. Do yourself a SERIOUS favor and call or email Bob at Eurotubes and order a quartet of E34L's grade #24. $54.00 for the quartet including shipping.
    Plug them in, flip the bias switch to EL34 and after you have played your MTS with the new tubes you can thank me.
    It is the #1 most common modification done to the MTS. I now know why. MTS users.. trust me on this. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Carvin MTS 3200/3212 users??

Was the amp designed around EL-34's or could you have has some bunk 5881's in there to begin with?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Re: Carvin MTS 3200/3212 users??

My 5881's sounded great. High gain, sizzle, very modern, scooped sounding. A blend between a Rectifier and a JCM800. Great for plam muting and really heavy music.
      The E34L's have a totally different tone and gain structure. The amp now sounds punchy, in your face and very warm. Similar IMHO to a Legacy. Less gain at lower volumes but it sings. Tones of midrange and you would swear that it no longer has clipping diodes in it. To me it makes the MTS sound more like a tube amp.

Comment

Working...
      X