got my now voodoo'd marshall dsl 100 back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my now voodoo'd marshall dsl 100 back today

the amp sounds incredible.the harmonics are killer, all the buzz and fuzz is gone.I brought it to a music store with a tsl 100 to compare the before and after.this thing kills the stock marshall.I also found out that my dsl was fked.I had some warranty work done on it and also had it re-tubed back in 11/03.the prior tech fked it up! the guys at VooDoo fixed the mess the dude left me with.I had been wondering why I had so strongly disliked the recto amps oposed to the marshall dsl/tsl and began to really like the sound of the triple rec recently.anyway best money I have spent very pleased
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: got my now voodoo\'d marshall dsl 100 back today

cool!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Told ya so! Trace does killer work.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        the prior tech fked it up! the guys at VooDoo fixed the mess the dude left me with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a common occurence.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: got my now voodoo\'d marshall dsl 100 back toda

I'll second that Trace is the man!

I bought a Voodoo Modded Dual Recto about 2 years ago, haven't looked back since!

Actually I found I like the way the amp sounds better with the new APC pickups. with the tube rectifiers on, and a little knob tweekery I can get a fairly convincing Testament-"The Gathering" tone from it [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That is a common occurence.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i just bought a used TSL100 that i am thinking of sending to him as well as my Dual Recto, i want to remove the fuzz out of both and tighten up the bottom ends.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'll second that Trace is the man!

I bought a Voodoo Modded Dual Recto about 2 years ago, haven't looked back since!

Actually I found I like the way the amp sounds better with the new APC pickups. with the tube rectifiers on, and a little knob tweekery I can get a fairly convincing Testament-"The Gathering" tone from it [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get the bias mod? and if so can you tell me more about it.

Todd

Comment

no bias mod, just a Hex mod plus some other things ( he said some kind of "Noise reducer" is in there, I don't use a Gate at all!)
                  -not fuzzy/buzzy sounding, loads of punch, very clear and full tone ALL THE TIME!

as for the bottom end being tight, nice dude very nice! I can get some sick palm mutes from this thing without it turning to garbage. I didn't really get the full effect, until I bought a G-flex cab then it was game over

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds awsome........

Comment

Trace does great work...congrats!

Comment

that APC makes a big difference too. its a very thick pup.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Yeah I get some awesome articulate punch outta that beast!

I can actually turn the gain up with these and they sound better than the EMG's did at those same levels.

hehe, I was shaking the venue apart on Saturday! Palm mutes from my amp was causing chunks of the roof and saw dust to fall on stage...looked like there was a big pile of cocaine on my amp after [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats! I have one as well and will never get rid of that amp! It is the best at what it does. I am actually thinking of having Trace build me one of his 2 channel monsters.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Congrats! I have one as well and will never get rid of that amp! It is the best at what it does. I am actually thinking of having Trace build me one of his 2 channel monsters.

[/ QUOTE ] thanks.I just spoke to Anthony.I asked him what would be a good but cheap all tube head to mod so I can have a head to leave at my space and not worry about it.He recomended the 5150 or xxx/xxl.He also said the 5150 is the best sounding head after mod for the heavy shit.I have a pod pro I have been running for a few weeks if I can find a cheap but good tube power amp this will stay at the space
                              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
                              X